You are here

Guidance for providers

  • Organisations we regulate

Look up information for your sector, including guidance about regulations, how to register with us, what incidents you must notify us about and what we look at when we carry out inspections.

Adult social care

All adult social care
Includes care homes, domiciliary care, specialist colleges, extra care housing, Shared Lives schemes and supported living services.

Primary care

Services mainly provided by dentists on the high street, including services that visit people in their home, and out-of-hours emergency dental services.
NHS GP practices.

NHS 111, out-of-hours and urgent care
Guidance for NHS 111, GP out-of-hours services and urgent care services.
Independent doctors and clinics
Includes private GP services and clinics providing primary care.

Online primary care
Services that offer consultation, diagnosis or treatment online only.

NHS trusts

All NHS trusts
NHS acute, ambulance, community health, mental health and substance misuse services.

Independent healthcare

Independent acute hospitals
Guidance for independent acute hospital providers.
Independent ambulances
Guidance for independent ambulance services.

Independent community health services
Includes services in people's homes, community-based clinics and community hospitals.
Inpatient hospices, day hospices and community-based hospice services, including those for children.

Independent mental health
Specialist services for people with mental health needs, learning disabilities and autism, including care, treatment and support in hospital and the community.
Independent substance misuse services
Inpatient, community and residential services.

Specialist services

Prisons and secure settings
Including healthcare in young offender institutions and immigration removal centres.
Children and young people
Guidance for providers of health and social care services for children and young people.

Last updated:
20 October 2017


Help us improve this page