We may prioritise your application if your service is:
- critical to increasing capacity in the health and social care system or supporting recovery.
- helping the system to manage winter pressures in the NHS and social care sector.
Submit your application online
Apply using one of the methods below:
- use our provider portal
- email your completed application forms and all supporting documents to HSCA_Applications@cqc.org.uk
We do not accept applications by post.
If you need to apply for registration as a new provider of care, this guide explains what you'll need to do.
If you intend to provide services to people living in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland
You should contact the respective regulatory authority or authorities to check whether you also need to register with them.
You may need to apply because you're starting a new service that will be regulated by us. For example, you may need to register a new care home, hospital, dental surgery, GP practice or home care agency. Or you may need to register because of a change in the legal entity that runs your existing services.
- Before you apply
- How long it takes to register
- DBS checks
- Supporting documents
- Statement of purpose
- References and financial viability
- The application process
To apply to register an NHS trust, please contact our National Customer Service Centre on 03000 61 61 61 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a new provider of NHS health care services, you can apply for registration and NHS Improvement's provider licence at the same time. Find out more in joint licensing and registration.