You are here
Our board meets regularly to discuss our work.
We are committed to openness and transparency. The board conducts as much of its business as possible in a session that the public are welcome to attend and observe. To protect confidentiality some business is discussed in a private session.
The agenda and meeting papers are available on this page a few days before each meeting.
You can also watch recordings of the meetings on this website.
Latest papers and meeting videos
Previous board meetings
Visit the National Archive for board meetings that took place more than a year ago.
Changes to board meetings due to coronavirus (COVID-19)
Board meetings will be virtual until further notice, and will not be open to the public.
Items discussed in public board usually include:
- policies, reports and strategic plans.
- committee reports.
- strategic risk register and staff survey results.
We only discuss items in private session to protect confidentiality. These include:
- cases that may identify people who use services, carers or staff members
- specific CQC regulatory action (public discussion may affect the findings)
- commercially-sensitive information and legal advice.
Healthwatch England is governed by a statutory committee of CQC's board.
The committee sets Healthwatch England's strategy, provides scrutiny and oversight, and approves policies and procedures.
- Last updated:
- 27 July 2021