Werated ESH Community as good because:
- There were good systems in place to keep clients safe during detoxification and recovery. Staff were skilled at observing, monitoring, recording and being alert to the health and well-being of clients.
- The environment was safe and therapeutic. The service used new technology to support safe unobtrusive monitoring of clients undertaking detoxification.
- The service was effective in ensuring recovery, both during and after a client’s admission. A major part of this was involving clients in frequent activities and therapies, both inside the service and out in the wider community. It helped to build clients’ resilience by involving families and carers and supporting them to develop new networks.
- All staff worked together well, were open and transparent and communicated effectively.
- The service was well-led by an experienced and ‘hands on’ management team, always available to advise and support.
- There was no routine audit process in place to ensure information from assessments were reflected clearly within the care plan and risk assessment. However, there was no impact on patient care and no evidence of harm.