Individual providers need to supply:
- details of employment history
- GP name and contact details
- last employer name and contact details
- declaration of medical fitness
Partnerships need to supply the same information for all partners.
Organisations do not need to supply this information for their nominated individual.
You need to have the financial resources to provide and continue to provide the services described in your statement of purpose. This is to comply with Regulation 13 of the CQC (Registration) Regulations 2009.
You need to provide assurance of your financial position in a statement letter from a financial specialist. This person must be one of the following:
- an accountant or accountancy company registered with a recognised accountancy supervisory or qualifying body
- a bank or financial services firm regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
The person providing assurance must not be a relative or friend.
This requirement does not apply to NHS Trusts and English local authorities.
The following providers are not required to submit the statement letter:
- NHS GP practices
- NHS dentists
- NHS 111, out of hours and urgent care services
- Non NHS organisations with NHS contracts
- Adult social care providers currently in the Market Oversight Scheme.
For all other applicants there is a statement letter template which you can download for completion.
We recommend that you use this template as it clearly explains to the financial specialist what is being requested and why, under the regulations. You do not have to use our template, but it will help make sure you include all the information required. Allow plenty of time to get your statement completed and returned so it does not delay your application.
If we do not receive your statement of financial viability this may delay us processing your application. In exceptional cases it is fair and reasonable for us to consider other third party evidence such as a guarantee from an investor or shareholder. We may also ask for more information, such as a business plan, to help with the assessment. The application cannot be approved until assurance has been received.
Submit via email
Please use email to submit the statement to us whenever possible. We will email an acknowledgement.