About the service:
Royle Care Limited provides personal care and support to people living in their own homes. At the time of the inspection there were 54 people receiving personal care from 45 staff.
People’s experience of using this service:
• People experienced high quality care that was safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led, from a service which consistently demonstrated the characteristics of a good service in all areas.
• Without exception, people and their relatives provided positive feedback about all aspects of the care they received.
• People were protected from avoidable harm and abuse by staff members, who understood their role and responsibility in relation to safeguarding and keeping them safe.
• People experienced safe care, delivered in accordance with their risk assessments and management plans.
• The service deployed enough suitable staff who had been enabled with the required skills and knowledge to meet people’s needs.
• Staff members felt they were valued and respected by the management team, who actively sought their involvement to improve and develop the service.
• Staff members had meaningful, caring relationships with people, which respected their dignity and privacy, and promoted their independence.
• People’s care and support met their needs and reflected their preferences. The provider upheld people’s human rights.
• Staff members supported people to be actively involved in making decisions about their care.
• The provider assessed and met people's individual communication needs and responded quickly when people's needs changed.
• People experienced kind and compassionate care at the end of their life and were supported to have a comfortable, dignified and pain-free death.
• The service was well-managed by the registered manager, who provided clear and direct leadership
• The registered manager was a good role model who set high standards and inspired staff to meet them.
• Staff members worked in effectively in partnership with professionals to deliver care and support and developed links with the local community.
Rating at last inspection:
At the last inspection (published 21 November 2016) we rated the service good. At this inspection we found the service had remained good.
Why we inspected:
This was a planned inspection to check the service remained good.
We did not identify any concerns at this inspection. We will therefore re-inspect this service within our published timeframe for services rated good. We will continue to monitor the service through the information we receive. If any concerning information is received about the service we may inspect sooner.
For more details, please see the full report which is on the Care Quality Commission website at www.cqc.org.uk.