24 July 2019
Purecare Limited provides GP consulting services in the North Kensington Area of London. The service is operated by a provider who offers other services, such as pharmacy and aesthetic medicine. The GP consulting service has access to a clinical room within the building which is accessible via stairs only. The practice offers private GP appointments for acute and minor ailments for adults and children. The clinic operated on a Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday between 1.30pm and 5.30pm depending on the need for appointments. The clinic employs three members of staff which includes a GP (male), a pharmacist who is the registered manager (male) and a receptionist (female).
How we inspected this service
We carried out an announced comprehensive inspection at Purecare Limited on 11 July 2019. Our inspection team was led by a CQC Lead Inspector. The other member of the inspection team was a GP specialist advisor. Before visiting, we reviewed the information we hold about the service.
To get to the heart of patients’ experiences of care and treatment, we always ask the following five questions:
- Is it safe?
- Is it effective?
- Is it caring?
- Is it responsive to people’s needs?
- Is it well-led?
These questions therefore formed the framework for the areas we looked at during the inspection.
24 July 2019
This service is rated as Good overall. (Previous inspection 16 November 2017 this service was not rated).
The key questions are rated as:
Are services safe? – Good
Are services effective? – Good
Are services caring? – Good
Are services responsive? – Good
Are services well-led? – Good
We carried out an announced comprehensive at Purecare Limited as part of our inspection programme.
This service is registered with CQC under the Health and Social Care Act 2008 for Diagnostic and Screening and Treatment of Disease, Disorder or Injury. Purecare Limited provides consulting services in the North Kensington area of London. The service is operated by a provider who offers other services, such as pharmacy and aesthetic medicine. The service provides doctor-led private consultations, physical examinations, blood test, phlebotomy and blood testing services. The GP consulting service has access to a clinical room within the building. At Purecare Limited, the aesthetic cosmetic treatments that are also provided are exempt by law from CQC regulation. Therefore, we were only able to inspect the treatment for chronic diseases but not the aesthetic cosmetic services, which included anti-ageing cosmetic treatment, skin fillers, chemical peels and skin rejuvenation.
The provider who is a pharmacist is the CQC registered manager. A registered manager is a person who is registered with the Care Quality Commission to manage the service. Like registered providers, they are ‘registered persons’. Registered persons have legal responsibility for meeting the requirements in the Health and Social Care Act 2008 and associated Regulations about how the service is run.
During the inspection we obtained feedback through comment cards completed and spoke with one patient. We received 20 comments cards. Patients commented that the staff were caring, respectful, professional and friendly. They also commented on the cleanliness of the clinic.
Our key findings were:
- The practice had clear systems to manage risk so that safety incidents were less likely to happen. When incidents did happen, the practice learned from them and improved their processes.
- The practice routinely reviewed the effectiveness and appropriateness of the care it provided. It ensured that care and treatment was delivered according to evidence- based guidelines.
- The information needed to plan and deliver care and treatment was available to staff in a timely way. There was evidence to demonstrate that the service operated a safe, effective and timely referral process.
- The continuing development of staff skills, competence and knowledge was recognised as being integral to ensuring that high quality care was delivered by the service.
- Staff involved and treated patients with compassion, kindness, dignity and respect.
Dr Rosie Benneyworth BM BS BMedSci MRCGP
Chief Inspector of Primary Medical Services and Integrated Care