You are here
COVID-19 Insight: Issue 5
In this month’s report, we build on the learning about good practice in infection prevention and control that we discussed in the last issue by focusing on care homes. We also present the key findings from a survey to understand the experience of inpatients who were discharged from hospital from April to May 2020, when the first wave of the pandemic was at its height.
We want these insight reports to help everyone involved in health and social care to work together to learn from the pandemic. This includes:
- sharing and reflecting on what has gone well
- understanding and learning from the experience of what hasn't
- helping health and care systems prepare better for the future.
In this section, we share findings and good practice from our inspections of care homes in August 2020, which looked at how care homes managed infection prevention and control.
In this section, we present the key findings from a survey of inpatients to understand how people using hospital were affected when the first wave of the pandemic was at its height.
In this issue, we update our regular data including:
- outbreaks and staff absences in homecare services
- numbers of deaths of people detained under the Mental Health Act
- numbers of deaths of people with a learning disability
- breakdown of deaths by ethnicity.
- Last updated:
- 18 November 2020