6 August 2019
Forest Health Care is located at Cinderford Health Centre, Dockham Road, Cinderford, GL14 2AN.
The provider is registered with CQC to deliver the regulated activities; diagnostic and screening procedures, family planning, maternity and midwifery services, surgical procedures and treatment of disease, disorder or injury.
The practice has a branch surgery located approximately four miles away;
The branch was not visited as part of this inspection.
Forest Health Care is situated in Gloucestershire clinical commissioning group and provides services to approximately 7800 patients.
The practice clinical team consists of six GPs, an advanced nurse practitioner, a nurse manager, five practice nurses and four health care assistants. The administration team included a practice manager, an organisation manager, administration and reception staff.
The practice and it’s branch surgery had a dispensary and this was supported by six dispensers and a dispensing manager.
The practice has opted out of providing out of hours service to patients. Patients are re-directed to the out of hours service via the NHS 111 service.
6 August 2019
We carried out an inspection of this service following our annual review of the information available to us including information provided by the practice. Our review indicated that there may have been a significant change (either deterioration or improvement) to the quality of care provided since the last inspection.
This inspection focused on the following key questions:
- Is the service effective?
- Is the service responsive?
- Is the service well led?
Because of the assurance received from our review of information we carried forward the ratings for the following key questions:
- Is the service safe?
- Is the service caring?
We based our judgement of the quality of care at this service on a combination of:
- what we found when we inspected
- information from our ongoing monitoring of data about services and
- information from the provider, patients, the public and other organisations.
We have rated this practice as good for providing effective, responsive and well led services. We have rated the practice as good for all population groups.
We found that:
- Patients received effective care and treatment that met their needs.
- The practice organised and delivered services to meet patients’ needs. Patients could access care and treatment in a timely way.
- The way the practice was led and managed promoted the delivery of high-quality, person-centre care.
- The practice consistently achieved positive outcomes for patients with long-term conditions and those experiencing poor mental health.
Whilst we found no breaches of regulations, the provider should:
- Improve the recording of external safety alerts to include actions taken.
Details of our findings and the evidence supporting our ratings are set out in the evidence tables.
Rosie BenneyworthChief Inspector of General Practice