Updated 13 January 2023
- Cheshunt Minor Injuries Unit is provided by HUC supported by a sub-contract with Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust. HUC is a Social Enterprise; a not-for-profit organisation with no shareholders and where any surpluses are re-invested into the service. The headquarters for HUC is in Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire. The service is commissioned by Hertfordshire and West Essex Integrated Care Board (ICB).
- The address of this service is King Arthur Court, Cheshunt, Waltham Cross, Hertfordshire, EN8 8XN. The website address is www.cheshuntmiu.nhs.uk.
- The service is registered with the CQC to provide the following regulated activities:
- Treatment of disease, disorder or injury.
- The minor injuries unit provides a walk-in service which is available to all patients aged one and over and has full wheelchair access. It is a nurse led service and sees approximately 505 patients a week. The service can treat a range of minor injuries from cuts, burns, scalds to a suspected fracture. The service does not treat minor illnesses or children under one year of age. The service shares the premises with Cheshunt Community Hospital.
- Clinical staff members are employed by Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust. Administrative staff are employed by HUC.
- At the time of the inspection the service team consists of 1 interim matron, 6 emergency nurse practitioners, 1 nursing associate, 2 emergency medical technicians, 1 lead administrator and 4 reception staff members.
- Cheshunt Minor Injuries Unit is open from 8am to 8pm daily, including weekends and bank holidays. The x-ray service is managed and provided by Alliance Medical and is open from 9am to 7pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 6pm at weekends and bank holidays for referred patients.