This practice is rated as Good overall. (Previous inspection January 2015 – Good)
The key questions are rated as:
Are services safe? – Good
Are services effective? – Good
Are services caring? – Good
Are services responsive? – Good
Are services well-led? - Good
We carried out an announced/unannounced comprehensive/focused inspection at Brunston & Lydbrook Practice on 31 May 2018 as part of our inspection programme.
At this inspection we found:
- The practice had clear systems to manage risk so that safety incidents were less likely to happen. When incidents did happen, the practice learned from them and improved their processes.
- The practice routinely reviewed the effectiveness and appropriateness of the care it provided. It ensured that care and treatment was delivered according to evidence- based guidelines.
- Staff involved and treated patients with compassion, kindness, dignity and respect.
- Patients found the appointment system easy to use and reported that they were able to access care when they needed it.
- There was a strong focus on continuous learning and improvement at all levels of the organisation.
The areas where the provider should make improvements are:
- Improve documentation in relation to actions and learns from reviews of significant events.
- Develop a complaints procedure that details time lines in line with national guidance.
- Take action to improve privacy for patients at the reception and dispensary at the branch site.
Professor Steve Field CBE FRCP FFPH FRCGP
Chief Inspector of General Practice