We carried out an announced comprehensive inspection at Dr Ngan and Partners on 19 February 2019.
At the last inspection in August 2015 we rated the practice as good overall.
We based our judgement of the quality of care at this service on a combination of:
- what we found when we inspected
- information from our ongoing monitoring of data about services and
- information from the provider, patients, the public and other organisations.
We have rated this practice as good overall and good for all population groups.
We found that:
- Processes and systems to support good governance and management were well established, clearly set out, understood and effective.
- Appropriate policies, procedures and activities to ensure safety were established and monitored to ensure effectiveness.
- The practice had clearly defined and embedded systems to minimise risks to patient safety and the practice routinely reviewed the effectiveness and appropriateness of the care it provided. It ensured care and treatment was delivered according to evidence based guidelines.
- Staff involved and treated patients with compassion, kindness, dignity and respect.
- The practice was responsive to needs of its patients including vulnerable patients. They promoted access to a range of health and wellbeing services including Zion, 42nd Street and Buzz.
- There was a focus on continuous learning and improvement at all levels of the organisation.
Whilst we found no breaches of regulations, the provider should:
- Obtain evidence of pre-employment health checks for locum GPs as part of the recruitment process.
- Improve the practice’s final written response to complaints to ensure details of the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman's (PHSO) are included.
- Continue to promote cervical screening and the practice’s register of carers.
Details of our findings and the evidence supporting our ratings are set out in the evidence tables.
Professor Steve Field CBE FRCP FFPH FRCGP
Chief Inspector of General Practice