Letter from the Chief Inspector of General Practice
We rated this service as Good overall. This provider was previously inspected on 22 February 2018, but they were based at a different location. They have since re-registered with the CQC. This provider has not been rated before this inspection.
The key questions are rated as:
Are services safe? – Good
Are services effective? – Good
Are services caring? – Good
Are services responsive? – Good
Are services well-led? – Good
We carried out an announced inspection at The GP Service (UK) Limited on 12 June 2019 as part of our inspection programme. The GP Service (UK) Limited is an online provider. Patients are able to consult with a qualified General Medical Council registered GP via online assessment questionnaires or through secure video calling. Medicines can then be sent to the pharmacy of their choice for dispensing.There are a number of pharmacies which are signed up as affiliated pharmacies with The GP Service (UK) Limited.
At this inspection we found:
- The service had effective systems to manage risk so that safety incidents were less likely to happen. When they did happen, the service learned from them and improved their processes.
- The service routinely reviewed the effectiveness and appropriateness of the care it provided. It ensured that care and treatment was delivered according to evidence- based guidelines.
- Staff involved and treated people with compassion, kindness, dignity and respect.
- Patients could access care and treatment from the service within an appropriate timescale for their needs.
- There was a strong focus on continuous learning and improvement at all levels of the organisation.
Dr Rosie Benneyworth BM BS BMedSci MRCGP
Chief Inspector of Primary Medical Services and Integrated Care