Updated 11 July 2018
- The practice name is Springfield Medical Practice.
- Located in the Keresley area of Coventry at Bennetts Road South, Keresley, Coventry, CV6 2FL. Telephone number: 024 7633 2628. www.springfieldmedical.co.uk
- The practice has a General Medical Services (GMS) contract with NHS England. The GMS contract is the contract between general practices and NHS England for delivering primary care services to local communities.
- At the time of our inspection, over 7000 patients were registered at the practice.
- Springfield Medical Practice offers appointments from 8.30am to 6.30pm from Monday to Friday. From 8am to 8.30am the practice telephone system diverts any calls to an appropriate provider for assistance.
In addition to routine clinics, the practice operates urgent same session clinic appointments. Access to these appointments is triaged by the duty doctor and patients are allocated an appointment by the doctor if needed.
When the practice is closed, extended hours appointments are available through the local GP federation and these appointments are available at a number of local practices from 6.30pm to 9.30pm from Monday to Friday; from 9am to 2pm on Saturdays and from 9am to 1pm on Sundays. There are also further arrangements in place to direct patients to out-of-hours services provided by NHS 111 when the practice is closed.
- The practice has six partner GPs (two male and four female), two practice nurses, one healthcare assistant and two phlebotomists (people who take blood samples). There is also a locum practice nurse.
- The patient population demographics attending Springfield Medical Practice are broadly in line with national averages, with a below average number aged 20 to 40. Levels of social deprivation are average.