People’s experience of using this service:
• People felt safe living at Willowbrook and with the staff that supported them.
• The provider’s recruitment procedures had not been followed consistently to ensure staff were safely recruited.
• Risks related to people’s health and the environment were identified and acted upon. However, records were not always clear about the management of risk.
• Staff knew how to protect people from potential abuse and avoidable harm to keep them safe.
• Medicines were managed safely and people received them as prescribed.
• There were enough staff to support people’s needs including any emergency care needs.
• People's needs were assessed before they lived at Willowbrook and staff completed training to ensure people’s needs could be met safely and effectively.
• People said staff were caring.
• Staff knew people well so they could provide them with care and support in ways they preferred.
• People were provided with support to access healthcare professionals when needed.
• People's right to make their own decisions about their care were respected and supported by staff who understood the principles of the Mental Capacity Act 2005.
• People’s care plans contained instructions for staff to follow to ensure people received the personalised care and support they had agreed.
• Staff understood the importance of respecting people’s privacy and dignity and aimed to support people to be as independent as possible.
• The provider had various quality monitoring systems to check people received safe care and support in accordance with the providers policies and procedures.
• Overall, people were happy living at Willowbrook. People knew of the complaints process should they have any concerns about the service.
• At the time of our visit there was no registered manager in post. The service was being supported by two management staff, these being an area manager, and scheme manager.
Rating at last inspection: This was the first inspection to this service since they were registered under the current provider in August 2018.
Why we inspected: This was a planned inspection although it was brought forward due to information on risk reported to us that we needed to be assured had effectively been managed.
Follow up: We will continue to monitor information we receive about the service until we return to visit as per our inspection programme. If any concerning information is received, we may inspect sooner.