About the service:
BSS Coventry is a domiciliary care agency registered to provide personal care to people in their own homes. At the time of this inspection the service supported two people. The management team of BSS Coventry consisted of two directors, one of whom was the registered manager.
People’s experience of using this service:
• The directors were committed to providing a good quality service that ensured people received support focussed on them as individuals and met their needs.
• Systems were in place to identify risks and to promote people’s safety.
• Staff knew how to protect people from abuse and avoidable harm to keep them safe.
• Staff knew people well and risk management plans contained clear instructions for staff to follow to keep people as safe as possible
• Medicines were managed safely and staff recruitment procedures were robust.
• There were enough staff to provide a small team to visit each person. The service provided consistent staff which was important to people.
• People's needs were assessed and staff received training and support to be effective in their roles.
• People's right to make their own decisions about their care were supported by staff who understood the principles of the Mental Capacity Act 2005.
• Relatives said staff were kind and caring and had made a positive difference to their family members lives because staff knew them well and understood what was important to them.
• People were provided with support which was individual to them and was responsive to changes in their needs.
• Care plans supported staff to provide personalised care. People were supported to be as independent as possible and to try new experiences within the community.
• Quality assurance processes were effective.
• The directors and staff were committed to support people with complex needs to maintain independence and remain living at home.
• We found the service met the characteristics of a “Good” rating in all areas; More information is available in the full report.
• Rating at last inspection: This was the first inspection since the service was registered in August 2017.
• Why we inspected: This was a planned inspection based on the date of registration and people were receiving a regulated service.
• Follow up: We will continue to monitor intelligence we receive about the service until we return to visit as per our inspection programme. If any concerning information is received, we may inspect sooner.