We rated The Pavilion as good because:
- Staff risk assessed clients and reviewed how they managed these risks daily to keep clients safe. Medicines were managed safely. The premises were safe, clean well equipped, well furnished, well maintained and fit for purpose.
- There was a commitment to interagency working with good working practices with GPs commissioners, the police and the local accident and emergency department.
- All clients had access to a group programme and one to one sessions to help them understand and manage their addictions. The service was organised to meet clients’ needs. Care and treatment was coordinated with other providers.
- Clients were supported, treated with dignity, respect and compassion.
- Staff helped clients prepare for discharge and ongoing support was offered through a weekly aftercare group. They sought and involved carers and family members when appropriate.
- The governance structures within the organisation functioned effectively with clear visions and values.
- Care plans were not fully personalised.
- Clients did not have a named key worker.
- Of the three records we looked one out of three did not contain a risk management plan and plans were not comprehensive.
- Supervision levels had not been fully completed in line with the organisations policy. Levels had significantly improved over the last two months before inspection and staff reported they were well supported.