Letter from the Chief Inspector of General Practice
We rated this service as Good overall. (Previous inspection May 2017, when we found the provider was meeting the relevant standards).
The key questions are rated as:
Are services safe? – Good
Are services effective? – Good
Are services caring? – Good
Are services responsive? – Good
Are services well-led? – Good
We carried out an announced comprehensive inspection at Health Bridge Limited London on 18 April 2019 as part of our inspection programme.
Health Bridge Ltd was established in 2011 and registered with the Care Quality Commission in 2011. Health Bridge Ltd operates an online clinic for patients. Within the UK the service has recently been re-branded as Zava, and offers a service to UK based patients via the following websites: www.zavamed.com; and www.onlinedoctor.superdrug.com (providing online doctor services on behalf of Superdrug). The service provides consultations and private prescriptions.
At this inspection we found:
- The service had good systems to manage risk so that safety incidents were less likely to happen. When they did happen, the service learned from them and improved their processes.
- The service routinely reviewed the effectiveness and appropriateness of the care it provided. It ensured care and treatment was delivered according to evidence- based guidelines.
- Staff involved and treated people with compassion, kindness, dignity and respect.
- Patients could access care and treatment from the service within an appropriate timescale for their needs.
- There was a strong focus on continuous learning and improvement at all levels of the organisation.
Dr Rosie Benneyworth BM BS BMedSci MRCGP
Chief Inspector of Primary Medical Services and Integrated Care