Updated 6 August 2019
Blossoms Healthcare Upper Bank Street is located at 2 Upper Bank Street, Canary Wharf, London E14 5EE. The practice treats between 500 patients per month. The practice is located on the ground floor of a commercial property which it shares with other healthcare providers. There are five consultation / treatment rooms, an administration office, a store room, and a shared waiting
area. The practice did not consult with children.
The practice delivers private, fee-paying GP services, health assessments, occupational health advice, exercise physiology appointments and vaccination services. Patients can be referred to other services for diagnostic imaging and specialist care. The practice team work across the provider’s three sites and includes eleven private doctors, one practice nurse, three exercise physiologists, superintendent pharmacist, pharmacy technician and a team of administrators, secretaries and receptionists.
The provider is registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) for the regulated activities of Treatment of Disease Disorder or Injury, and Diagnostic & Screening Procedures.
Before visiting, we looked at a range of information that we held about the practice. We reviewed the last inspection in February 2018 and information submitted by the service in response to our provider information request. During our visit we interviewed staff, observed practice and reviewed documents.
During our visit we:
- Looked at the systems in place for the running of the service.
- Explored how clinical decisions were made.
- Viewed a sample of key policies and protocols which related to regulated activities.
- Spoke with staff involved in the regulated activities.
- Checked the environment and infection control measures.
- Reviewed CQC comment cards which included feedback from patients about their experiences of the service.
To get to the heart of patients’ experiences of care and
treatment, we always ask the following five questions:
- Is it safe?
- Is it effective?
- Is it caring?
- Is it responsive to people’s needs?
- Is it well-led?
These questions therefore formed the framework for the areas we looked at during the inspection.