Updated 6 February 2019
Arrow Surgery is a practice situated in Alcester, Warwickshire, serving patients in Alcester and surrounding areas. This includes Arrow, Wixford, Dunnington, Bidford-on-Avon, Ardens Grafton, Great Alne, Wooten Wawen, Coughton, Kings Coughton and Studley.
The practice is located within the Warwickshire local authority, and is one of 33 practices serving the NHS South Warwickshire Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) area.
The practice provides services for 5,754 patients under the terms of a personal medical services (PMS) contract. This is a contract between general practices and NHS England for delivering services to the local community.
The National General Practice Profile indicates that 98% of the practice population are from a white background, with the remaining 2% of the population originating from black, Asian, mixed or other non-white ethnic groups.
Information published by Public Health England, rates the level of deprivation within the practice population group as eighth, on a scale of one to ten. Level one represents the highest levels of deprivation (and therefore most deprived areas) and level ten the lowest (least deprived).
The practice covers an area with generally high levels of employment. There are good public transport links and a car park available on-site.
The provider is registered with CQC to deliver the following Regulated Activities: Treatment of disease, disorder or injury; maternity and midwifery services; family planning; surgical procedures; diagnostic and screening procedures.
The practice is managed by three GP partners (two male and one female). Additionally, there are three practice nurses and two health care assistants (one being a senior HCA).
The practice’s clinical team are supported by a practice manager, two administrators and five receptionists.
The practice’s opening times are from 8am to 7.30pm on Mondays and Tuesdays, and from 8am to 6.30pm on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
Appointments are available from 8am to 12.30pm and then 1.30pm to 7.30pm on Mondays and Tuesdays, and from 8am to 12.30pm and then 1.30pm to 6.30pm on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
Extended hours appointments for practice patients were available at other nearby practice sites. These appointments were available from 6pm to 9pm on weekdays, and 9am to 1pm on weekends.
Home visits are available for patients who are housebound or too ill to attend the practice. This is at the discretion of the GPs.
The practice does not provide out of hours services to their own patients. When the practice is closed patients are directed to contact Care UK via NHS 111.
The practice website can be viewed at: www.thearrowsurgery.nhs.uk/