This service is rated as
The key questions are rated as:
Are services safe? – Good
Are services effective? – Good
Are services caring? – Good
Are services responsive? – Good
Are services well-led? – Good
We carried out an announced comprehensive inspection at G&M Healthcare as part of our inspection programme of a new provider registration for the service. This was a first rated inspection for the service that was registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) in April 2022.
This service is registered with CQC under the Health and Social Care Act 2008 in respect of some, but not all, of the services it provides. There are some exemptions from regulation by CQC which relate to particular types of regulated activities and services and these are set out in Schedule 1 and Schedule 2 of The Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014. G&M Healthcare provides a range of non-surgical cosmetic interventions, for example wrinkle relaxing injections which are not within CQC scope of registration. Therefore, we did not inspect or report on these services.
The registered provider for the service is G&M Healthcare Ltd who provides treatments privately to fee paying clients. The registered provider has a legal responsibility for meeting the requirements in the Health and Social Care Act 2008 and associated Regulations about how the service is run.
Our key findings were:
- The provider organised and delivered services to meet patients’ needs following best practice guidelines.
- The provider had appropriate safety systems and processes for monitoring and managing risks.
- The provider was proud of the work they did and of the quality of service they provided.
- Services were offered on a private fee paying basis only and were accessible to people who chose to use it.
- There was a clear strategy and vision to promote good quality care.
Dr Sean O’Kelly BSc MB ChB MSc DCH FRCA
Chief Inspector of Hospitals and Interim Chief Inspector of Primary Medical Services