We have grouped the different types of evidence we will look at into 6 categories.
Each category sets out the types of evidence we use to understand:
- the quality of care being delivered
- the performance against each quality statement.
This is to make our judgements more transparent and consistent.
To make clear what we’ll look at in our assessments, we will set out the key evidence categories that we’ll focus on when assessing a particular quality statement. We will provide some examples of types of evidence to make it easier to understand what we’ll look at.
The number of evidence categories that we need to consider and the sources of evidence we’ll collect varies according to:
- the type or model of service
- the level of assessment (service, provider, local authority or integrated care system)
- whether the assessment is for an existing service or at registration.