You are here
COVID-19 Insight: Issue 6
In this month’s report, we share regional data on the designated settings that allow people with a COVID-positive test result to be discharged safely from hospital, and also the latest data on registered care home provision. We also look at how providers have collaborated to provide urgent and emergency care during the pandemic.
We want these insight reports to help everyone involved in health and social care to work together to learn from the pandemic. This includes:
- sharing and reflecting on what has gone well
- understanding and learning from the experience of what hasn't
- helping health and care systems prepare better for the future.
In this section, we share findings from our register of care homes to see what changes in capacity have occurred throughout the pandemic. We also compare regions’ designated setting capacity against potential demand.
In this section, we share some good practice examples from the second set of our provider collaboration reviews, on urgent and emergency care.
We update our regular data including:
- outbreaks and staff absences in homecare services
- numbers of deaths of people detained under the Mental Health Act
- numbers of deaths of people with a learning disability
- breakdown of deaths in adult social care settings by ethnicity.
- Last updated:
- 02 February 2021