You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 81 adult social care services in the North of England
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 81 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the North that have been inspected under its new approach.
Following recent inspections one has been rated Outstanding, 38 have been rated as Good, 37 have been rated Requires Improvement and five have been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Debbie Westhead, CQC's Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care in the North, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. If that is what we find on inspection, we give the service a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that they have made the required improvements.
“Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will take further action on behalf of the people who use the service."
Full reports on all 81 inspections are available on our website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Park House, Helen McArdle Care Limited, Redcar and Cleveland: Outstanding
- Carelink Community Services, Carelink Community Services Ltd, Bolton: Good
- Handsale Limited - Bierley Court, Handsale Limited, Bradford: Good
- Creative Support - Halifax Service, Creative Support Limited, Calderdale: Good
- Kensington Hall, Potensial Limited, County Durham: Good
- Springfield Lodge Nursing Home, Ascot Care North East Limited, County Durham: Good
- Supportive SRC Ltd, Supportive SRC Ltd, County Durham: Good
- Eden Valley Hospice, Eden Valley Hospice, Carlisle, Cumbria: Good
- Manor View Care Home, Four Seasons Health Care (England) Limited, Doncaster: Good
- Meadowfield, Aspire Healthcare Limited, Gateshead: Good
- Durham Care Home, Durham Care Homes Limited, Kingston upon Hull, City of: Good
- Arnside Lodge, Thornton Lodge Care Limited, Lancashire: Good
- Millgate House, Rochdale Gateway Leisure Limited, Lancashire: Good
- Gledhow, Methodist Homes, Leeds: Good
- Hillside, Caring Partnership Ltd, Leeds: Good
- Kirkside House, Caireach Limited, Leeds: Good
- Middlecross, Leeds City Council, Leeds: Good
- Wetherby Home Care Limited, Wetherby Home Care Limited, Leeds: Good
- Israel Sieff Court, Anchor Trust, Manchester: Good
- Grant Thorold Library, Care 4 All (North East Lincolnshire) Ltd, North East Lincolnshire: Good
- Hadrian House, Prestwick Care Limited, North Tyneside: Good
- Holmlea Care Home, Parkside Care Limited, North Tyneside: Good
- Town and Country Care (Whitby) Ltd, Town & Country Care (Whitby) Ltd, North Yorkshire: Good
- Castleview Care Home, Mr Trevor Nesbit, Northumberland: Good
- South East Locality Home Care, Northumberland County Council, Northumberland: Good
- Roseberry Court, Helen McArdle Care Limited, Redcar and Cleveland: Good
- Respite (North West) - Heywood, Respite (North West) Limited, Rochdale: Good
- Quarry Hill Resource Centre, Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council, Rotherham: Good
- Northern Counties Eventide Home Limited, Northern Counties Eventide Home Limited, Sefton: Good
- Valmar Care t/a Locharwoods of Birkdale, Valmar Care Limited, Sefton: Good
- The Manse, Kingfield Care Home Limited, Sheffield: Good
- Victoria Care Home, Four Seasons Health Care (England) Limited, St. Helens: Good
- Millbeck, Anchor Trust, Stockton-on-Tees: Good
- Reuben Manor Care Home, Silk Healthcare Limited, Stockton-on-Tees: Good
- Sycamore Drive, Community Integrated Care, Sunderland: Good
- Meade Close, Scope, Trafford: Good
- Master Quality Healthcare Services Ltd, Master Quality Healthcare Services Ltd, Wakefield: Good
- Whitwood Hall, Living Ambitions Limited, Wakefield: Good
- Mulberry Court, Barchester Healthcare Homes Limited, York: Good
- Take A Break With Choices, Freda Varley, Bolton: Requires improvement
- Oasis Care, Waltham House Limited, Bradford: Requires improvement
- Altum Spring, Altum Residential Care Ltd, Bury: Requires improvement
- Care Connect Homecare Services, Mr Sher Azam Khan & Mrs Lynne Mills, Bury: Requires improvement
- Care Plus Homecare Services Ltd, Care Plus Homecare Services Ltd, Cheshire East: Requires improvement
- Crawfords Walk Nursing Home, Bupa Care Homes (CFHCare) Limited, Cheshire West and Chester: Requires improvement
- Stanbeck Residential Care Home, Mrs Audrey Robinson, Cumbria: Requires improvement
- Allied Healthcare Bridlington, Nestor Primecare Services Limited, East Riding of Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- Lindum House, Barchester Healthcare Homes Limited, East Riding of Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- Seymour House (Hartlepool) Limited, Seymour House (Hartlepool) Limited, Hartlepool: Requires improvement
- Hartshead Manor, Roche Healthcare Limited, Kirklees: Requires improvement
- Linson Court, Silverline Care Limited, Kirklees: Requires improvement
- Hunters Oak Barn, Prospects Supported Living Limited, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Le Moors, Regal Care Trading Ltd, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- White Ash Brook, White Ash Brook (Accrington) Limited, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Comfort Call - Leeds, Comfort Call Limited, Leeds: Requires improvement
- Community Integrated Care, Leeds Regional Office, Community Integrated Care, Leeds: Requires improvement
- Southlands Nursing Home, Westward Care Limited, Leeds: Requires improvement
- Sedgeborough House, Westwood Homecare (North West) Limited, Manchester: Requires improvement
- Lincolnshire Quality Care, Lincolnshire Quality Care Services Ltd, North East Lincolnshire: Requires improvement
- Newgrove House Care Home, Dryband One Limited, North East Lincolnshire: Requires improvement
- Lowfield House Nursing Home, Prime Life Limited, North Lincolnshire: Requires improvement
- The Valleys Care Home, United Health Limited, North Lincolnshire: Requires improvement
- Eastgate Manor, Bramble Lodge Care Home Limited, Northumberland: Requires improvement
- Laburnum Court Care Home, Four Seasons (Bamford) Limited, Salford: Requires improvement
- Moorfield House, Mr & Mrs S Brown, Salford: Requires improvement
- The Fountains Nursing Home, Liberty Healthcare Solutions Limited, Salford: Requires improvement
- Holly Bank Nursing Home, Mrs Ann Mallinson, Sefton: Requires improvement
- Ranelagh Grange Care Home, Prime Healthcare UK Limited, St. Helens: Requires improvement
- Woodside Grange Care Home, St. Martin's Care Limited, Stockton-on-Tees: Requires improvement
- Housing & Care 21 - Keelboat Lodge, Housing & Care 21, Sunderland: Requires improvement
- Holme Lea, Meridian Healthcare Limited, Tameside: Requires improvement
- Carr Gate, HC-One Limited, Wakefield: Requires improvement
- The Glynn Residential Home, The Glynn Residential Home Limited, Wakefield: Requires improvement
- Lilford Court, Autism Initiatives (UK), Warrington: Requires improvement
- Bedford Nursing and Residential Home, Bupa Care Homes (CFHCare) Limited, Wigan: Requires improvement
- York DCA, United Response, York: Requires improvement
- Cold Springs Park Care Home, Bupa Care Homes (CFChomes) Limited, Cumbria: Inadequate
- Holywell Home, Connor Associates Limited, Lancashire: Inadequate
- Wathwood Lodge, Abe Health Care Ltd, Rotherham: Inadequate
- Cambridge Court Care Home, Unity Homes Limited, Sefton: Inadequate
- Warren Park, Warren Park (Chapeltown) Limited, Sheffield: Inadequate
For further information, please contact Kerri James, CQC Regional Engagement Communications Officer on 07881656012.
David Fryer, Regional Engagement Manager on 07901 514220.
Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team here.
Please note: the press office is unable to advise members of the public on health or social care matters. For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.