You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 63 adult social care services in the North of England
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 63 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the North that have been inspected under its new approach.
Following recent inspections one has been rated Outstanding, 43 have been rated as Good, 15 have been Requires Improvement and four have been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Debbie Westhead, CQC's Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care in the North, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. If that is what we find on inspection - we give the service a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that they have made the required improvements.
"Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action on behalf of the people who use the service."
Full reports on all 63 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Options Roxby House, Options Autism (2) Limited, North Lincolnshire: Outstanding
- Creative Support - Rushy Fold Court, Creative Support Limited, Bolton: Good
- The Fold Care Home, Julie Ruth Smale, Bury: Good
- Valley View Care Home, Mrs B Kneafsey, Calderdale: Good
- Leycester House Residential Care Home, CLS Care Services Limited, Cheshire East: Good
- The Lady Verdin Trust - Crewe Road, The Lady Verdin Trust Limited, Cheshire East: Good
- Dorin Court Bungalow Short Break Service, Vivo Care Choices Limited, Cheshire West and Chester: Good
- Belchford, Voyage 1 Limited, County Durham: Good
- Church View (Murton), Care UK Community Partnerships Ltd, County Durham: Good
- Hallgarth Care Home, Four Seasons (No 9) Limited, County Durham: Good
- Holly Lodge Care Home, Dolphin Property Company Limited, County Durham: Good
- Pelton Grange Care Home, Four Seasons Health Care (England) Limited, County Durham: Good
- The Beeches Nursing and Residential Care Home, Sunny Okukpolor Humphreys, County Durham: Good
- The Grange, Sovereign Care (North East) Ltd, County Durham: Good
- The Village Nursing & Care Home @ Murton, Jigsaw Care Limited, County Durham: Good
- Religious Services Supported Living North, Saint John of God Hospitaller Services, Darlington: Good
- Foxglove Care Limited - 14 Church Road, Foxglove Care Limited, East Riding of Yorkshire: Good
- Widnes Hall, Ideal Carehomes (North West) Limited, Halton: Good
- Ferncross Retirement Home, Draycombe House Care Limited, Lancashire: Good
- Oakley Care Home, Mrs Jane Gilmour, Lancashire: Good
- Valley Supported Living, Valley Supported Living, Lancashire: Good
- CASA Leeds, North Tyneside Homecare Associates Limited, Leeds: Good
- Grace Homecare, Mrs. Catherine Mary Telford, Leeds: Good
- Neville House, S K Care Homes Ltd, Leeds: Good
- Total Care Nursing Limited, Total Care Nursing Limited, Leeds: Good
- Direct Health (Tyneside), Direct Health (UK) Limited, Newcastle upon Tyne: Good
- Care Designed for You, Mrs Heather Diane McGinness, North Yorkshire: Good
- HFSS Supporting People in Whitby, HFSS Limited, North Yorkshire: Good
- Sycamore Hall, North Yorkshire County Council, North Yorkshire: Good
- Blyth Valley Disabled Forum, Blyth Valley Disabled Forum Ltd, Northumberland: Good
- Wansbeck Care Home, Four Seasons (Bamford) Limited, Northumberland: Good
- Langfield Nursing and Residential Home, St Andrews Care GRP Limited, Rochdale: Good
- Leighton House, PossAbilities C.I.C, Rochdale: Good
- Netherfield Court, Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council, Rotherham: Good
- Royal Mencap Society - Sheffield Domiciliary Care Agency, Royal Mencap Society, Rotherham: Good
- Beenstock Home Management Co Limited, Beenstock Home Management Co. Ltd, Salford: Good
- Griffin House, Griffin Social Care Limited, Sefton: Good
- Melling Acres, Parkcare Homes (No.2) Limited, Sefton: Good
- Tudor Bank Nursing Home, Tudor Bank Limited, Sefton: Good
- No 9, North East Autism Society, Sunderland: Good
- Flanshaw Lodge, Wakefield MDC, Wakefield: Good
- Hannah's Homecare Ltd, Hannah's Homecare Ltd, Warrington: Good
- U&I Care Limited, U&I Care Limited, Warrington: Good
- Graver's Care Home Limited, Gravers Care Home Ltd, York: Good
- Oak House, Hollybank Trust, Barnsley: Requires improvement
- Blackrod House, Blackrod House Limited, Bolton: Requires improvement
- St Catherines Care Home, Community Integrated Care, Cheshire East: Requires improvement
- Orchard Manor Care Home, Fordent Properties Limited, Cheshire West and Chester: Requires improvement
- Towneley House, Mrs Barbara Karen Shillito and Mr Stephen Shillito, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Glenarie House Nursing Home Limited, Glenarie House Nursing Home Ltd, Liverpool: Requires improvement
- Thomas Leigh Care Home, Greenacres Nursing Home Limited, Liverpool: Requires improvement
- Lightbowne Hall, Ideal Carehomes Limited, Manchester: Requires improvement
- Orchard Mews, HC-One Limited, Newcastle upon Tyne: Requires improvement
- Carlton House, Mrs K Peerbux, North East Lincolnshire: Requires improvement
- Heatherfield Care Home, Malhotra Care Homes Limited, North Tyneside: Requires improvement
- Care Preference Limited, Care Preference Ltd, Salford: Requires improvement
- Moorfield House, Mr & Mrs S Brown, Salford: Requires improvement
- Apple Court Care Home, Leyton Healthcare (No. 12) Limited, Warrington: Requires improvement
- Human Support Group Limited - York, The Human Support Group Limited, York: Requires improvement
- The Orchards Care Home, Baybury Limited, Bradford: Inadequate
- Highnam Hall, Matt Matharu, Hartlepool: Inadequate
- Little Heaton Care Home, Little Heaton Care Limited, Rochdale: Inadequate
- Manor House Care Home, Mr & Mrs N H Sahajpal and Partners, Sunderland: Inadequate
For further information, please contact
- Kirstin Hannaford, Regional Engagement Manager on 0191 233 3629.
- David Fryer, CQC Regional Communications Manager on 07901 514220.
- Mark Humphreys, CQC Regional Communications Officer on 0191 233 3519 or 07881656012.
Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team here. Please note: the press office is unable to advise members of the public on health or social care matters. For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.