You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 41 adult social care services in the Central region
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 41 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the Central region.
Following recent inspections, 26 of these care homes and homecare agencies have been rated as Good, 13 have been rated Requires Improvement and two have been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Sue Howard, Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care in the Central region, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. If that is what we find on inspection - we give the service a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action on behalf of the people who use the service."
Full reports on all 41 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Victoria Cottage, Bedford: Good
- Care Never Sleeps Limited, Birmingham: Good
- Oakley House, Cambridgeshire: Good
- Castle Meadows Care Home, Dudley: Good
- Belamacanda, Essex: Good
- Ganwick House, Hertfordshire: Good
- Isabel Court, Hertfordshire: Good
- Langley View Residential Home, Hertfordshire: Good
- Milligan Road, Leicester: Good
- Cedar House, Lincolnshire: Good
- Kingsway Clayton House Residential Care Home, Lincolnshire: Good
- Manor Care Centre, Lincolnshire: Good
- SENSE - 25 Old Mill Park, Lincolnshire: Good
- Better Healthcare Services (Luton), Luton: Good
- Broomfield Residential Care, Milton Keynes: Good
- Redclyffe Residential Care Home, Northamptonshire: Good
- Alexandra Lodge Care Home, Nottingham: Good
- Oakdene Residential Care Home, Nottingham: Good
- Edward House, Nottinghamshire: Good
- Eton Park Care Centre, Nottinghamshire: Good
- Lawrence Mews, Nottinghamshire: Good
- Rutland Care Village, Rutland: Good
- The Lilacs Residential Home, Southend-on-Sea: Good
- Choices Housing Association Limited - 103 Heath Street, Staffordshire: Good
- Inglewood Rest Home, Walsall: Good
- Progress Adult Living Service LLP, Wolverhampton: Good
- Askham Court, Cambridgeshire: Requires improvement
- The Hillings, Cambridgeshire: Requires improvement
- Alexandra Nursing Home - Nottingham, Derbyshire: Requires improvement
- Oakleigh Lodge, Dudley: Requires improvement
- Riverside Care Centre, Dudley: Requires improvement
- Scarletts, Essex: Requires improvement
- Hawthorns Residential Care Home, Northamptonshire: Requires improvement
- Mears Care - Old Stratford, Northamptonshire: Requires improvement
- Care UK Homecare Limited Nottingham, Nottinghamshire: Requires improvement
- Augusta Care Limited, Peterborough: Requires improvement
- Iona, Staffordshire: Requires improvement
- Wisdom Healthcare Limited, Stoke-on-Trent: Requires improvement
- Woodbridge Lodge Residential Home, Suffolk: Requires improvement
- Southminster Residential Home, Essex: Inadequate
- High Dene, Suffolk: Inadequate
For further information please contact Regional Engagement Officer, Helen Gildersleeve on 0191 2333379. Or call the CQC press office on 020 7448 9401 during office hours or out of hours on 07789 876508. For general enquiries, call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.