We will use this framework to assess how well local authorities are performing against their duties under Part 1 of the Care Act 2014. We developed this framework through co-production with partners, agencies and people with direct experience of using care and support services.
The assessment framework uses a subset of the quality statements from the overall single assessment framework. This is because local authorities are being assessed against a different set of statutory duties to registered providers.
Our assessment framework for local authorities comprises 9 quality statements mapped across 4 overall themes.
For each theme we set out:
- The I statements and quality statements that we will assess:
- Quality statements are the commitments that local authorities must commit to. Expressed as ‘we statements’, they show what is needed to deliver high-quality, person-centred care.
- I statements are what people expect. They are based on Think Local Act Personal’s ‘Making It Real’ framework.
- Sections of the Care Act to which the quality statements relate
- Required evidence categories for each quality statement and sources of evidence.