Before you apply, you will need to:
- be clear about the application you are making
- understand the requirements of the legislation
- be able to explain and show how you will follow the regulations.
Update: CQC registration and VCOD (Vaccination as a condition of deployment)
As of 15 March 2022, the UK Government has revoked VCOD regulations for health and social care workers.
This means you no longer need to submit a VCOD declaration form to us when you:
- register as a new provider or registered manager
- update an existing registration.
Services for people with learning disabilities and/or autism
You must read our guidance on applying to provide services for people with learning disabilities and/or autism. We encourage you to talk to us about your ideas before you apply.
Services providing personal care
Before you apply check you can demonstrate that you meet the requirements.
Providing ambulance services
The type of vehicle you use determines whether you need to register with us. Check if you need to register your ambulance service.
You must have specific pieces of information ready before you apply:
- Disclosure and Barring Service checks countersigned by CQC
- your statement of purpose
- all supporting documents requested.
It can take weeks for you to compile and organise this information. You should factor this into your planning from the outset.
When we assess your application you will need to attend interviews and answer questions. Your buildings must be ready when our inspector makes their registration site visit. Your nominated individual and proposed registered manager (if you need one) will also need to be involved.