You are here
Display your ratings online
Use the CQC widget to help you display your rating online. This includes all the information needed and is conspicuous and clear.
Web widgets are small pieces of code to place on a webpage. They are often used to display information from other sites.
We recommend using the widget to display your ratings online. It:
- displays all the information required by the regulation
- fetches the rating or inspection result from our system and displays the result on your website
- links to the correct page on our website where people can find your inspection report and ratings
- updates if your rating or inspection result changes
- updates if we alter the widget
Put ratings above the fold on a webpage so that people do not need to scroll down to see them.
To embed the widget
- Go to your organisation's web page on this website
- Look for the link at the bottom: 'Put this information on your website'
- Click on this link, you will be asked for your email address
- The next page, headed 'Get the CQC widget for this service', will give:
- a preview of what the widget will look like
- the code you need to copy and paste into a HTML webpage on your website
- Check all your organisation's pages for this link, including the provider page if you are required to display a provider rating as well as premises rating(s)
You do not have to use our widget, although we strongly recommend that you do. If you choose not to, your website must still include:
- the name of your rated service
- all provider and premises ratings - this information can be on different webpages if you have separate pages for different premises
- the date the inspection report was published
- our website address (www.cqc.org.uk)
- a link to your profile page on our website with the assessment of your performance and ratings
All the ratings materials that we provide include CQC’s trademark logo. You do not need to ask for this separately.
You can create your own online display by using either:
- PowerPoint templates
- CQC brand images
Download the PowerPoint files that apply to your ratings, and the instructions on how to create your ratings image.
Once created, upload the image(s) to your website and link to the relevant page(s) for your organisation on CQC’s website.
PowerPoint ratings images:
- Template to create an image for an Outstanding rating
- Template to create an image for a Good rating
- Template to create an image for a Requires Improvement rating
- Template to create an image for an Inadequate rating
Powerpoint image instructions.
CQC brand images
If you cannot use the widget or the Powerpoint template, email email@example.com.
Please note: the CQC logo is a Registered Trademark and you may only use it as part of a display showing your organisation's ratings.
- Last updated:
- 17 August 2020