You are here

Serious injury to a person using the service – notification form

  • Organisations we regulate

When and how to tell us about a serious injury to a person using your service.

How to notify us

If you have an account with the CQC Provider Portal, you can send us your notification online.

Notify us online

If you do not have access to the Provider Portal, you can notify us by filling in a form and emailing it to

When you need to tell us about a serious injury

You must notify us if a serious injury:

  • took place while a regulated activity was being provided or
  • may have been a result of the regulated activity or how it was provided.

If the serious injury is the result of an assault, you should use our allegation of abuse notification form instead.

Last updated:
2 May 2018


Help us improve this page