Police involvement in an incident – notification form

Page last updated: 7 November 2023
Organisations we regulate
You must send your notification by email or submit it online

When and how to tell us about an incident relating to your service that is reported to or investigated by the police.

NHS trusts do not need to notify us about police attendance.

You must notify us of incidents which may affect someone's health, safety and welfare when using, visiting or working at your service. You must tell us as soon as possible.


Do not use this form if you have made a report to the police if a person using your service was affected by one of these events. In these cases you should use the specific notification form:

How to notify us

Use our existing provider portal

If you already have an account you can notify us online through the CQC Provider Portal.

Log in to notify us using the existing CQC provider portal

Email a Word form

If you do not have access to the Provider Portal, you can use this form to tell us about police involvement in an incident.

Statutory notification: Incidents reported to or investigated by the police

NHS trusts do not need to notify us about police .

Email the completed form to HSCA_notifications@cqc.org.uk.