You are here
Nigel's Surgery: Full list of tips and mythbusters by issue number
Here we clear up some common myths about our inspections of GP and out-of-hours services and share agreed guidance to best practice.
Prof Nigel Sparrow OBE was CQC's Senior National GP Advisor.
Unpublished issues of Nigel's surgery
- Nigel's Surgery 5: Carpets in GP practices (see Gov.uk for guidance on infection control in the built environment)
- Nigel's Surgery 11: Prescriptions in dispensing practices
- Nigel's Surgery 14: How to show outstanding practice in minor surgery (see Nigel's Surgery 4: Quality improvement activity)
- Nigel's Surgery 30: Requirement to display CQC ratings in General Practice (see display your ratings)
- Nigel's Surgery 39: Registration requirements for GP federations (see Nigel's Surgery 59: Resgistering a federation)
- Nigel's Surgery 47: Happy birthday to the tips and mythbusters – one year old!
- Nigel's Surgery 54: Toys and artworks (see Gov.uk for The Health and Social Care Act 2008 Code of Practice on the prevention and control of infections)
- Nigel's Surgery 56: Nurse revalidation (see Nigel's Surgery 26: Practice nurses)
- Nigel's Surgery 63: Disruption to services – notifying CQC (see Nigel's Surgery 21: Statutory notifications to CQC)
- Nigel's Surgery 73: Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in GP practices (we have incorporated information from this mythbuster into the updated Nigel's Surgery 1: Resuscitation in GP surgeries)
- Nigel's Surgery 79: Factual accuracy for CQC inspection reports (see factual accuracy check)
- Nigel's Surgery 94: NHS services delivering online primary care (see Nigel's Surgery 100: Online and video consultations and receiving, storing and handling intimate images)
- Nigel's Surgery 101: The adult trans care pathway (see The adult trans care pathway)
- Last updated:
- 01 December 2020