You are here
COVID-19 Insight: Issue 8
In this month’s report, we look at the evidence so far about how urgent and emergency care services have been affected by the pandemic during this winter, and discuss what action CQC is taking to provide constructive support.
We want these insight reports to help everyone involved in health and social care to work together to learn from the pandemic. This includes:
- sharing and reflecting on what has gone well
- understanding and learning from the experience of what hasn't
- helping health and care systems prepare better for the future.
In this section, we look at what data tells us about winter pressures for urgent and emergency care this year and what CQC has been doing to support services at this challenging time.
We update our regular data including:
- provision of ‘designated settings’ for COVID-19 patients being discharged from hospital into adult social care
- numbers of deaths of people detained under the Mental Health Act.
- Last updated:
- 24 February 2021