You are here
COVID-19 Insight: Issue 13
In this month’s report, we look at how NHS trusts are now planning for people’s care while tackling the backlog caused by COVID-19 and their assessment of challenges.
We want these insight reports to help everyone involved in health and social care to work together to learn from the pandemic. This includes:
- sharing and reflecting on what has gone well
- understanding and learning from the experience of what hasn't
- helping health and care systems prepare better for the future.
In this section, we look at how NHS hospitals are now planning for people’s care, based on what trusts told us in May and June 2021 about their approaches to longer waiting lists and how they are considering people’s care in a fair and equal way.
We update our regular data on:
- the number of death notifications by care homes
- the number of death notifications of people detained under the Mental Health Act
- ONS data on all weekly deaths in England compared with the average for 2015-2019.
- Last updated:
- 22 September 2021