You are here
Driving improvement: Case studies from 10 GP practices
We interviewed 10 GP practices that had achieved a significant improvement on their rating.
We spoke with GPs, practice nurses, clinical staff, practice managers, administrators and patients.
Their experiences show that improvement is possible.
The case studies highlight some clear actions that other practices can use to help them learn and improve.
The practices in this report faced similar challenges. They all showed an impressive commitment to improve their service to patients. To achieve this they shared common experiences:
- strong leadership from a practice manager with the time and skills to lead the practice team
- addressing staffing and training issues such as poor recruitment or training practices
- making sure every member of the practice team understood their own and others roles and responsibilities
- involving the whole team in running the practice
- involving patients and the local community
- using external support to help improvement
- Last updated:
- 13 June 2018