Quick guide to raising a concern about your workplace

Published: 14 December 2011 Page last updated: 3 November 2022

Have you got a concern about something you’ve seen or experienced at your place of work? We have published a quick guide on whistleblowing to help you decide what to do next and how you can tell us about it.

Our quick guide has been written for health and care professionals that need to raise a concern about their workplace. It gives you helpful advice on speaking out about poor care and what protection you will have from the law if you do.

Download the quick guide to find out more about whistleblowing and what happens after you contact us.

Whistleblowing: Quick guide to raising a concern with CQC

We’ve had support from various organisations including the General Medical Council, the Nursing and Midwifery Council and the Academy of Medical Royal Colleges in developing the guide and telling NHS staff about it. We will be working with the whistleblowing charity Public Concern at Work to target social care providers and their staff.

More about whistleblowing

Find out more about Whistleblowing and how to contact us.

If you have a concern about your place of work, the first thing you should do is speak to your line manager or other management. If however, you feel unable to, then you can follow your own organisation’s whistleblowing policy or contact us instead.

All whistleblowing concerns are logged and tracked by our trained team in our Customer Services Centre. Your information will be passed to the local inspector for your service who will decide what to do next.

You can raise concerns anonymously but this means we won’t be able to get in touch or give you any feedback about the action we have taken.

Find out more...

Whistleblowing: Quick guide to raising a concern with CQC

To raise a concern about your place of work, you can Email us or call us on 03000 616161.