You are here
CQC launches new Equality Objectives for 2019-21
We have now confirmed our Equality Objectives for 2019-21. These objectives ensure that equality is front and centre, both in our regulatory work, and for our staff.
Our five equality objectives for 2019 to 2021 are:
- Confident with difference: person-centred care and equality
- Accessible Information and communication
- Equality and the well-led provider
- Equal access to care and equity in outcomes in local areas
- Continue to improve equality of opportunity for our staff and those seeking to join CQC
Our chief executive, Ian Trenholm, said;
“CQC’s role is to make sure that health and social care services provide people with safe, effective, compassionate, high-quality care and treat everyone with respect and dignity. Central to this is a focus on equality, for people who use health and social care services, those who work there and for CQC staff.
“We look forward to working with colleagues, people who use services, providers and other national bodies, to achieve our equality objectives – so that everyone has access to consistently good care, as well as ensure that CQC offers real equality of opportunity.”
Our equality objectives complement our longer term strategy for looking at equality and human rights in the way we regulate.
- Last updated:
- 05 June 2019