You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 86 adult social care services in the North of England
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 86 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the North that have been inspected under its new approach.
Following recent inspections none have been rated Outstanding, 56 have been rated as Good, 20 have been rated Requires Improvement and 11 have been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Debbie Westhead, CQC's Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care in the North, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. If that is what we find on inspection – we give the service a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that they have made the required improvements.
“Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will take further action on behalf of the people who use the service."
Full reports on all 86 inspections are available on this website.
- 36 West Street, Voyage 1 Limited, Barnsley: Good
- Elmsdene Care Home, Sheridan Care Limited, Blackpool: Good
- Prestige Nursing - Blackpool, Prestige Nursing Limited, Blackpool: Good
- Cottingley Hall Care Home, Bupa Care Homes (BNH) Limited, Bradford: Good
- Weaver Court, Turning Point, Bradford: Good
- Dawn To Dusk Care Services Limited, Dawn To Dusk Care Services Limited, Calderdale: Good
- North West Community Services (Greater Manchester) Ltd, North West Community Services (Greater Manchester) Limited, Calderdale: Good
- Cheshire East Short Breaks, Cheshire East Council, Cheshire East: Good
- Macclesfield Supported Living Network, Cheshire East Council, Cheshire East: Good
- Hinderton Mount Residential Home, Weatherstones House Care Limited, Cheshire West and Chester: Good
- Jane Lewis Health & Social Care, Chester Healthcare Limited, Cheshire West and Chester: Good
- Stone House Care Home, Stone House Residential Home Limited, Cheshire West and Chester: Good
- The Daltons, Young Foundations Limited, County Durham: Good
- Wilton House Nursing Home, Popular Care Ltd, Darlington: Good
- Bennfield House, Bennfield House Limited, Doncaster: Good
- The Beeches (Doncaster), HC-One Limited, Doncaster: Good
- The Dale Residential Home, Mr Valentine Kearns Mrs Alice Kearns, Doncaster: Good
- Cascade Residential/Short Breaks, Cascade Living Solutions Limited, East Riding of Yorkshire: Good
- Fairways, Franklin Homes Limited, East Riding of Yorkshire: Good
- William Wilberforce, Londesborough Court Limited, East Riding of Yorkshire: Good
- Avocet Trust - 93 Ings Road, Avocet Trust, Kingston upon Hull, City of: Good
- Alpha House - Huddersfield, Valeo Limited, Kirklees: Good
- Branwell Manor, Voyage 1 Limited, Kirklees: Good
- The Hawthornes, Tri-Care Limited, Kirklees: Good
- Elizabeth Road Care Home, Community Integrated Care, Knowsley: Good
- 3 Roylen Ave, Mrs Gemma Montgomery, Lancashire: Good
- Alistre Lodge Nursing & Care Home, J Parker (Care) Limited, Lancashire: Good
- Healy House, Healycare Limited, Lancashire: Good
- Hennel Lane, Scope, Lancashire: Good
- Lytham Court Nursing Care Home, Century Healthcare Limited, Lancashire: Good
- Carr Croft Care Home, Carrcroft Care Home Limited, Leeds: Good
- Wetherby Manor, Hadrian Healthcare (Wetherby) Limited, Leeds: Good
- Croxteth Park Care Home, Lunan House Limited, Liverpool: Good
- Rowsley House, Standwalk Ltd, Manchester: Good
- Jubilee Mews, Mental Health Concern, Newcastle upon Tyne: Good
- Newcastle DCA, United Response, Newcastle upon Tyne: Good
- Creative Support - Beardall Court, Creative Support Limited, North Tyneside: Good
- Windsor Drive, Community Integrated Care, North Tyneside: Good
- Coastal Carers, Mrs Sheena Calvert, North Yorkshire: Good
- The Holt Retirement Home, Banktop Securities Limited, North Yorkshire: Good
- Northumberland Mid & North Domiciliary Care Agency, Royal Mencap Society, Northumberland: Good
- Ash Tree House, Milewood Healthcare Ltd, Redcar and Cleveland: Good
- Carevisions@Home Ltd, Carevisions@Home Ltd, Redcar and Cleveland: Good
- Castle Dene Care Home, SSL Healthcare Ltd, Redcar and Cleveland: Good
- Strathallen, Independent Care Initiatives, Redcar and Cleveland: Good
- Moorgate Croft, Park Lane Healthcare (Moorgate) Limited, Rotherham: Good
- Acute Need CIC, Acute Need CIC, St. Helens: Good
- Elm Tree House, Living Developments Limited, St. Helens: Good
- Segal Gardens, H.W.C.G.S. Care Limited, St. Helens: Good
- South View - Briardene Unit, Barchester Healthcare Homes Limited, Stockton-on-Tees: Good
- Dairy Lane Care Centre, Dairy Lane (St. Michael's) Limited, Sunderland: Good
- Hendon Community Care Centre Limited, Hendon Community Care Centre Limited, Sunderland: Good
- Villette Lodge Assessment and Re-enablement Service, Sunderland City Council, Sunderland: Good
- Ashdene, Langley House Trust, Wakefield: Good
- Belong at Home Domiciliary Care Agency - Wigan, CLS Care Services Limited, Wigan: Good
- Able Carers (York & Harrogate), Able Carers Limited, York: Good
- Burley Hall Care Home, Bupa Care Homes (GL) Limited, Bradford: Requires improvement
- Sherrington House Nursing Home, Lister House Limited, Bradford: Requires improvement
- Homecare 4U Cheshire, Homecare4U Limited, Cheshire East: Requires improvement
- Accept Care Limited, Accept Care Ltd, County Durham: Requires improvement
- Hawthorn House, Durham County Council, County Durham: Requires improvement
- 1181 Holderness Road, Avocet Trust, Kingston upon Hull, City of: Requires improvement
- HICA Home Care - Hull, H I C A, Kingston upon Hull, City of: Requires improvement
- Euxton Park Care Home, Four Seasons Health Care (England) Limited, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Fairways, Fairways Residential Home Limited, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Marsden Grange, Mrs Eileen Frances Littlewood, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Suite 5, Lancashire Digital Technology Centre, Stella Maris Limited, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Derwent Carers, Derwent Carers Limited, North Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- Albury House, Mr & Mrs A G Burn, Northumberland: Requires improvement
- The Grange, People First Care Ltd, Northumberland: Requires improvement
- Wellburn House, Wellburn Care Homes Limited, Northumberland: Requires improvement
- Good Companions, Good Companions Rochdale Ltd, Rochdale: Requires improvement
- Hope Manor Residential Home, Coveleaf Limited, Salford: Requires improvement
- Hetton Home Care Services, Hetton Home Care Services, Sunderland: Requires improvement
- Ann Challis, J.E.M. Care Limited, Trafford: Requires improvement
- Copperfield, Mannacom Limited, Wirral: Requires improvement
- Redburn House, Our TLC Limited, Bradford: Inadequate
- Direct Health (Crewe), Direct Health (UK) Limited, Cheshire East: Inadequate
- Cestrian Care, Mrs Kimberley Ellen Dupree, Cheshire West and Chester: Inadequate
- Kendal Care Home, Abbey Healthcare (Westmoreland) Limited, Cumbria: Inadequate
- The Hollies, Scope, Halton: Inadequate
- Greenfield House, Greenroyd Residential Home Limited, Lancashire: Inadequate
- The Gables Nursing Home, Dr E U M Minhas and Dr H A Minhas, Leeds: Inadequate
- West Melton Lodge, Stephen Oldale and Susan Leigh, Rotherham: Inadequate
- Fleetwood Hall, Newco Southport Limited, Sefton: Inadequate
- Holgate House, Milewood Healthcare Ltd, York: Inadequate
- Cestrian Care, Mrs Kimberley Ellen Dupree, Flintshire: Inadequate
Contact David Fryer, CQC Regional Engagement Manager on 07901 514220.
Kerri James, CQC Regional Engagement Communications Officer on 07881656012.
Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team here.
Please note: the press office is unable to advise members of the public on health or social care matters. For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.