You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 83 adult social care services in the North of England
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 83 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the North that have been inspected under its new approach.
Following recent inspections two have been rated Outstanding, 44 have been rated as Good, 31 have been rated Requires Improvement and six have been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Debbie Westhead, CQC's Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care in the North, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. If that is what we find on inspection, we give the service a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that they have made the required improvements.
“Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will take further action on behalf of the people who use the service."
Full reports on all 83 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Helping Hands of Harrogate Limited, Helping Hands of Harrogate Limited, North Yorkshire: Outstanding
- St Catherine's Hospice - Scarborough, Saint Catherines Hospice Trust, North Yorkshire: Outstanding
- Annacliffe Residential Home, Annacliffe Ltd, Blackpool: Good
- Worth Valley Care Services Ltd, Worth Valley Care Services Ltd, Bradford: Good
- Langdon Foundation, Langdon College, Bury: Good
- Limefield Court Retirement Home, Lily Care Ltd, Bury: Good
- Outreach Community & Residential Services - 118 Kings Road, Outreach Community and Residential Services, Bury: Good
- Outreach Community & Residential Services - 17 York Avenue, Outreach Community and Residential Services, Bury: Good
- Outreach Community & Residential Services - 86 Meade Hill Road, Outreach Community and Residential Services, Bury: Good
- Walmersley Road, Pendleton Care Limited, Bury: Good
- Woodfield Care Home Limited, Woodfield Care Home Limited, Calderdale: Good
- Hope Green Residential Home, Maria Mallaband Limited, Cheshire East: Good
- St Stephens Care Home, Community Integrated Care, Cheshire East: Good
- Dale House, Potensial Limited, County Durham: Good
- YS Services Limited trading as Embracing Care, Y. S. Services Limited, County Durham: Good
- Grange Cottage, M S Frois, Cumbria: Good
- Home Farm, West House, Cumbria: Good
- Darlington Borough Council In House Home Care, Darlington Borough Council, Darlington: Good
- St Teresa's Hospice, Darlington & District Hospice Movement, Darlington: Good
- Gardens Lane, South Yorkshire Housing Association Limited, Doncaster: Good
- The Chesters Care Home, Parkside Care Limited, Gateshead: Good
- Community Enablement Team, Kirklees Metropolitan Council, Kirklees: Good
- Mencap in Kirklees - 1 Victoria Road, Mencap in Kirklees, Kirklees: Good
- South Short Term & Urgent Support, Kirklees Metropolitan Council, Kirklees: Good
- Bowgreave Rise Home for Older People, Lancashire County Council, Lancashire: Good
- Freehold Cottage Residential Home, K D Burke, Lancashire: Good
- Glengarry Court Care Home, Mr & Mrs R G Hepwood, Lancashire: Good
- Primrose House, Primrose House (Morecambe) Limited, Lancashire: Good
- The Spinney Nursing Home, Loven Spinney Limited, Lancashire: Good
- Linthorpe Nursing Home, Linthorpe Private Nursing Home, Middlesbrough: Good
- Byker Lodge, Newcastle-upon-Tyne City Council, Newcastle upon Tyne: Good
- Lea Green Court Care Home, Tamaris Healthcare (England) Limited, Newcastle upon Tyne: Good
- Housing & Care 21 - Linskill Park, Housing & Care 21, North Tyneside: Good
- Apley Grange, Cornelia Connelly Trustees Incorporated, North Yorkshire: Good
- Greenwell House Care Home, The Fisher Partnership Limited, North Yorkshire: Good
- Your Life (Northallerton), Yourlife Management Services Limited, North Yorkshire: Good
- Ponderosa House, HF Trust Limited, Northumberland: Good
- South Bebside Care Home, Ringdane Limited, Northumberland: Good
- Care 4 U Home Care Agency Limited, Care 4 U Homecare Agency Limited, Rochdale: Good
- Queens Care Centre, Z.A.K. Healthcare Limited, Rotherham: Good
- Hawthorne Lodge Residential Care Home, Stirrupview Limited, Sefton: Good
- Cotleigh, SheffCare Limited, Sheffield: Good
- Hartwell Care Home, Four Seasons (Bamford) Limited, Sheffield: Good
- Potensial Limited - 3 Sydenham Terrace, Potensial Limited, South Tyneside: Good
- MHA Care at Home - St Helens Branch, Methodist Homes, St. Helens: Good
- Aspire Care Support Services, Aspire Care Support Services Ltd, Wirral: Good
- Chester Lodge Care Home, Heathbrock Limited, Cheshire West and Chester: Requires improvement
- My Choice Home Care, Mychoice Homecare Limited, County Durham: Requires improvement
- Snaith Hall Nursing and Residential Home, Snaith Hall Limited, East Riding of Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- The Beeches, JC Kunning, East Riding of Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- The Manor House, Park Lane Healthcare (The Manor House) Limited, East Riding of Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- Millbrow Care Home, Laudcare Limited, Halton: Requires improvement
- Hampton House, Horizon Healthcare Homes Limited, Kirklees: Requires improvement
- Horizonz Care Ltd, Horizonz Care Ltd, Kirklees: Requires improvement
- Headroomgate Nursing Home, Headroomgate Limited, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Living Ambitions Limited - Chorley, Living Ambitions Limited, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Mears Care - Rossendale, Mears Care Limited, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Helping Hands North, Midshires Care Limited, Leeds: Requires improvement
- Meadowbrook Manor, Mrs Beverley McHale, Leeds: Requires improvement
- Wavertree Nursing and Care Home, Greenacres Nursing Home Limited, Liverpool: Requires improvement
- Brooklands Care Home, HC-One Limited, North East Lincolnshire: Requires improvement
- Safe Hands Home Care Limited, Safe Hands Home Care Limited, North Tyneside: Requires improvement
- Woodlands, North East Care Homes Limited, North Tyneside: Requires improvement
- Heathcotes (Whitley House), Heathcotes Care Limited, North Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- Heathcotes (Whitley), Heathcotes Care Limited, North Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- Havendene Residential Home, Mrs L Liddell and Mrs E McDine, Northumberland: Requires improvement
- Wilkinson Park, Careline Lifestyles (UK) Ltd, Northumberland: Requires improvement
- Inglewood Care Home, Bupa Care Homes (GL) Limited, Redcar and Cleveland: Requires improvement
- Willows Nursing Home, Mark Jonathan Gilbert and Luke William Gilbert, Sefton: Requires improvement
- Citizenship First - 350 Glossop Road, Citizenship First Ltd, Sheffield: Requires improvement
- Victoria House Nursing Home, HC-One Limited, Stockton-on-Tees: Requires improvement
- Alexandra View Care Centre, Roseberry Care Centres GB Limited, Sunderland: Requires improvement
- Carson House Care Centre, Mr David Hetherington Messenger, Tameside: Requires improvement
- Ashgrove House, Warmest Welcome Limited, Wakefield: Requires improvement
- Living Ambitions Limited - Wigan Respite Service, Living Ambitions Limited, Wigan: Requires improvement
- St George's Care Homes, St George's (Liverpool) Limited, Wirral: Requires improvement
- The Merchant's House, Lifeways Inclusive Lifestyles Limited, Wirral: Requires improvement
- Laurel Bank, CCA & Mrs C Bolland, Calderdale: Inadequate
- Generations and Companions Care, Miss Lesa Marie Todhunter, Cheshire West and Chester: Inadequate
- Arden Court, Ramos Healthcare Limited, Salford: Inadequate
- Southport Home Care, Southport Home Care Limited, Sefton: Inadequate
- The Hamiltons Care Home, Krinvest Limited, Wigan: Inadequate
- Moorlands Care Home, Moorlands (Strensall) Limited, York: Inadequate
For further information, please contact Kerri James, CQC Regional Engagement Communications Officer by email email@example.com or by phone on 07464 92 9966.
David Fryer, CQC Regional Engagement Manager by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 01900 336 787.
Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team here.
Please note: the press office is unable to advise members of the public on health or social care matters. For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.