You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 77 adult social care services in the North
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 77 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the North that have been inspected under its new approach.
Following recent inspections 43 have been rated as Good, 30 have been rated Requires Improvement and four have been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Debbie Westhead, CQC's Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care in the North, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. If that is what we find on inspection – we give the service a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that they have made the required improvements.
“Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will take further action on behalf of the people who use the service."
Full reports on all 77 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Elliott House, Voyage 1 Limited, Barnsley: Good
- Higher Bank, Mr K and Mrs K Hunter and Mrs I Coughlin, Blackburn with Darwen: Good
- Sandybrook, Prime Life Limited, Blackburn with Darwen: Good
- Max Potential UK Ltd, Max Potential UK Ltd, Bolton: Good
- Tunnicliffe House, Mr Neville Warrington & Mrs June Warrington & Mrs Renee Giles, Cheshire East: Good
- Oak Grange, Barchester Healthcare Homes Limited, Cheshire West and Chester: Good
- St Luke's (Cheshire) Hospice, St Luke's (Cheshire) Hospice, Cheshire West and Chester: Good
- Dr. Ashdown's Stockton Lodge, Seaham Care Limited, County Durham: Good
- River View, Interact Care Limited, County Durham: Good
- Creative Support - Cumbria Homecare Service (Furness), Creative Support Limited, Cumbria: Good
- Creative Support - Monkwray Court, Creative Support Limited, Cumbria: Good
- Glenmore Trust - 2 Newton Road, Glenmore Trust, Cumbria: Good
- Grisedale Croft, Cumbria County Council, Cumbria: Good
- Inglewood Residential Care Home Limited, Inglewood Residential Care Home Limited, Cumbria: Good
- Risedale at Aldingham St Cuthberts Nursing Home, Risedale Estates Limited, Cumbria: Good
- Moorlands Residential Care Home, Mrs Michelle Smith & Mr David Hodgson Smith, Darlington: Good
- HICA HomeCare - Doncaster, H I C A, Doncaster: Good
- Shamrock House, Mrs Lila Chaudhary, East Riding of Yorkshire: Good
- Durham Street and Endymion Street, Avocet Trust, Kingston upon Hull, City of: Good
- Adam House, Healycare Limited, Lancashire: Good
- Bridgeway Care Home, Samkar Limited, Lancashire: Good
- Briercliffe Lodge, Mrs R Eyton-Jones and Mrs G Eyton-Jones, Lancashire: Good
- RNID Action on Hearing Loss Thornton Gate, The Royal National Institute for Deaf People, Lancashire: Good
- The Green, Leeds City Council, Leeds: Good
- North West Community Services (Manchester) Limited, North West Community Services (Greater Manchester) Limited, Manchester: Good
- Sutherland Court, Helen McArdle Care Limited, Newcastle upon Tyne: Good
- Bluebird Care North East Lincolnshire & West Lindsey, J&Y Webber Services Limited, North East Lincolnshire: Good
- The Orchards, Care People Private Limited, North East Lincolnshire: Good
- The Cedars, North Tyneside Metropolitan Borough Council, North Tyneside: Good
- Maple Lodge Care Home, Four Seasons (DFK) Limited, North Yorkshire: Good
- Ryedale Special Families, Ryedale Special Families, North Yorkshire: Good
- The Terrace, Care UK Community Partnerships Ltd, North Yorkshire: Good
- Limecroft Resource Centre, Oldham Care and Support at Home Ltd, Oldham: Good
- Adult Placement, Aspire: for Intelligent Care and Support C.I.C, Salford: Good
- Barton Brook Residential and Nursing Home, Bupa Care Homes (CFHCare) Limited, Salford: Good
- Home Focus, Cherrytree Vale Limited, Salford: Good
- Walkden Manor, Walkden Manor Care Home Ltd, Salford: Good
- Castelayn, SheffCare Limited, Sheffield: Good
- Rivelin House, Voyage 1 Limited, Sheffield: Good
- Comfort Call Gateshead, Comfort Call Limited, South Tyneside: Good
- Creative Support - Simonside Court, Creative Support Limited, South Tyneside: Good
- Prioritising People's Lives Ltd, Prioritising People's Lives Ltd, Stockton-on-Tees: Good
- Wirral Hospice St John's, Wirral Hospice St John's, Wirral: Good
- Hollins Bank Care Home, Dharma Limited, Blackpool: Requires improvement
- The Sylvester Care Centre, Pro Care Homes Limited, Blackpool: Requires improvement
- Lister House Nursing Home, Lister House Limited, Bradford: Requires improvement
- Sherrington House Nursing Home, Lister House Limited, Bradford: Requires improvement
- Bank House Care Home, Crystal House Platinum Limited, Bury: Requires improvement
- Alsager Court Care Home with Nursing, Mrs Sally Roberts & Mr Jeremy Walsh, Cheshire East: Requires improvement
- Next Step Domiciliary Care Ltd, Next Step Domiciliary Care Ltd, Cheshire East: Requires improvement
- The Westbourne Care Home, Maria Mallaband 7 Limited, Cheshire East: Requires improvement
- Wrenbury Nursing Home, Bluecroft Estates Limited, Cheshire East: Requires improvement
- Parklands, T Chopra, County Durham: Requires improvement
- Morecambe Bay Care Home, Four Seasons (No 7) Limited, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- St Gregory's Homecare Ltd, St Gregory's Homecare Limited, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- The Laurels Care and Nursing Home, Regency Healthcare Limited, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Real Life Options - Yorkshire, Real Life Options, Leeds: Requires improvement
- Norwood House, Heera Care Ltd, North Lincolnshire: Requires improvement
- Willow Lodge Care Home, Cotswold Spa Retirement Hotels Limited, North Tyneside: Requires improvement
- Beechwood Place Nursing Home, Beechwood Place Care Ltd, North Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- Havendene Residential Home, Mrs L Liddell and Mrs E McDine, Northumberland: Requires improvement
- Hillside Lodge Care Home, Tamaris Healthcare (England) Limited, Northumberland: Requires improvement
- Homecare For You Oldham, Home Care For You Limited, Oldham: Requires improvement
- Pembroke Residential Home, Fearnhead Residential Limited, Redcar and Cleveland: Requires improvement
- Meadow View, Yorkshire Parkcare Company Limited, Rotherham: Requires improvement
- Aaron View Care Home, Devaglade Limited, Sheffield: Requires improvement
- Longley Meadows, Sheffield Health and Social Care NHS Foundation Trust, Sheffield: Requires improvement
- Willowdene Care Home, Premier Nursing Homes Limited, South Tyneside: Requires improvement
- Adamstan House Nursing Home, Adamstan Limited, St. Helens: Requires improvement
- Cherry Tree House, London And Manchester Healthcare (Romiley) Ltd, Stockport: Requires improvement
- Marquis Court, George Ronald Limited, Sunderland: Requires improvement
- Angels Care Wirrall Ltd, Angels Care Wirral Ltd, Wirral: Requires improvement
- Grimston Court, Wellburn Care Homes Limited, York: Requires improvement
- Lancaster, Heritage Homecare Services Ltd, Lancashire: Inadequate
- Nelson, Heritage Homecare Services Ltd, Lancashire: Inadequate
- WrightChoiceCare, Mrs Elizabeth Jane Horne, North Yorkshire: Inadequate
- Donwell House, Shaftesbury Care GRP Limited, Sunderland: Inadequate
For further information, please contact David Fryer, CQC Regional Engagement Manager on 07901 514220.
Kerri James, CQC Regional Engagement Communications Officer on 07881656012.
Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team here.
Please note: the press office is unable to advise members of the public on health or social care matters. For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.