You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 73 adult social care services in the North of England
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 73 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the North that have been inspected under its new approach.
Following recent inspections 42 have been rated as Good, 28 have been rated Requires Improvement and three have been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Debbie Westhead, CQC's Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care in the North, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. If that is what we find on inspection - we give the service a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that they have made the required improvements.
"Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action on behalf of the people who use the service."
Full reports on all 73 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- CRG Homecare - Blackburn, Castlerock Recruitment Group Ltd, Blackburn with Darwen: Good
- Carers and Companions Limited, Carers and Companions Limited, Bradford: Good
- Saint John of God Hospitaller Services - Bedes Close, Saint John of God Hospitaller Services, Bradford: Good
- Station Road, Saint John of God Hospitaller Services, Bradford: Good
- Lincoln House Community Support Centre, Cheshire East Council, Cheshire East: Good
- Clifford House, Mrs Oriel Graham, Cumbria: Good
- Heversham House, Mrs Isobel Hellena Wales, Cumbria: Good
- Hospice at Home Carlisle and North Lakeland, Hospice at Home Carlisle and North Lakeland, Cumbria: Good
- Hospice at Home West Cumbria, Hospice at Home West Cumbria, Cumbria: Good
- Home Instead Senior Care, Chandler Care Ltd, Darlington: Good
- Ashcroft Lodge - Doncaster, Autism Plus Limited, Doncaster: Good
- Headingley Court, Headingley Care Centre (Edlington) Limited, Doncaster: Good
- Care Support Force Limited, Care Support Force Limited, East Riding of Yorkshire: Good
- Blaydon Lodge, Gateshead Council, Gateshead: Good
- Dove Court Residential and Nursing Home, Bupa Care Homes (CFHCare) Limited, Lancashire: Good
- Fernbank Lodge, Thornton Lodge Care Limited, Lancashire: Good
- Springfield Retirement Home Limited, Springfield Retirement Home Limited, Lancashire: Good
- Larchfield, Anchor Trust, Leeds: Good
- St Anne's Community Services - Shared Lives, St Anne's Community Services, Leeds: Good
- Ashleigh, Education and Services for People with Autism Limited, Newcastle upon Tyne: Good
- Aspire Supported Living, Aspire Healthcare Limited, Newcastle upon Tyne: Good
- Caremark (Newcastle), IFMOS Care Limited, Newcastle upon Tyne: Good
- Castle Dene, Newcastle-upon-Tyne City Council, Newcastle upon Tyne: Good
- New Beginnings North East Ltd, New Beginnings (North East) Limited, Newcastle upon Tyne: Good
- Pembroke Rest Home, Eagle View Care Home Limited, Newcastle upon Tyne: Good
- Bridgewater Park Care Home, Meridian Healthcare Limited, North Lincolnshire: Good
- Gresham Lodge Care Home, Sukhvinder Marjara, North Lincolnshire: Good
- Bluebird Care (Scarborough & Bridlington), Lydiam Limited, North Yorkshire: Good
- Hazelgarth Lodge Residential Care Home, J Harrison, North Yorkshire: Good
- Plaxton Court Domiciliary Care Agency, Joseph Rowntree Housing Trust, North Yorkshire: Good
- Rosedale Nursing Home, Maria Mallaband Care Homes Limited, North Yorkshire: Good
- Turret Villa Retirement Home, Turret Villa Retirement Home Limited, Northumberland: Good
- Castlerea House, Juniper Manton Limited, Salford: Good
- Avalon EMI Care Home, K Jones and R Brown, Sefton: Good
- Expect Limited - 13 Elm Road, Expect Ltd, Sefton: Good
- Sanderling House, Voyage 1 Limited, Sefton: Good
- Kingfield Holt, Mr & Mrs I F Ibrahim, Sheffield: Good
- Oxbridge House, Milewood Healthcare Ltd, Stockton-on-Tees: Good
- Cedars Lodge, Education and Services for People with Autism Limited, Sunderland: Good
- The Manse Residential Home, Mrs Sarah Jane Slack & Mr David Michael Slack, Wakefield: Good
- Derwent Lodge Nursing Home, Sure Care (UK) Limited, Wirral: Good
- Lezayre Nursing Home, Surecare Health Limited, Wirral: Good
- Highfield Farm, Voyage 1 Limited, Barnsley: Requires improvement
- The Bond Hotel, Holidays With Care Ltd, Blackpool: Requires improvement
- The Manor House Nursing Home, The Manor House (Halifax) Limited, Calderdale: Requires improvement
- Cedar Court, Embrace (England) Limited, County Durham: Requires improvement
- True Care, Ms Gail Hartley, Cumbria: Requires improvement
- Westmorland Court Nursing and Residential Home, Westmorland Healthcare Limited, Cumbria: Requires improvement
- Craigielea Nursing Home, Solehawk Limited, Gateshead: Requires improvement
- Castle Rise, Barchester Healthcare Homes Limited, Kingston upon Hull, City of: Requires improvement
- Abraham House, Europe Care Holdings Limited, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Alma Green Residential Care Home, Cranford Care Homes Limited, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Church View Residential Home, People in Care Ltd, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Fairhaven Lodge, Dr Morgiana Muni Nazerali-Sunderji, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Malvern House, Mrs Flora Rufus Mason, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Morecambe Bay Care Home, Four Seasons (No 7) Limited, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Sabourn Court Nursing Home, Bupa Care Homes (GL) Limited, Leeds: Requires improvement
- St Katherine's Residential Home, St Katherines (Leeds) Limited, Leeds: Requires improvement
- Waverley Care Home, Daughters of Mary Mother of Mercy, Liverpool: Requires improvement
- Oakland House Nursing Home, Equilibrium Healthcare Limited, Manchester: Requires improvement
- Allied Healthcare Newcastle, Nestor Primecare Services Limited, Newcastle upon Tyne: Requires improvement
- Rosefern Residential Home, Autism Plus Limited, North Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- Second 2 None Healthcare - Scarborough, Second 2 None Healthcare Ltd, North Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- Elm Bank Care Home, Four Seasons (Bamford) Limited, Northumberland: Requires improvement
- Ash-leigh House, Mr Ashleigh Smith and Ms Serena Kirsty Williams, Salford: Requires improvement
- Laburnum Court Care Home, Four Seasons (Bamford) Limited, Salford: Requires improvement
- Blair House Care Home, Blair House Care Home Limited, Sefton: Requires improvement
- Elm House Nursing Home, Premcard Limited, Sefton: Requires improvement
- Mears Care Aintree, Mears Care Limited, Sefton: Requires improvement
- Whitwood Grange, Living Ambitions Limited, Wakefield: Requires improvement
- Nelson, Heritage Homecare Services Ltd, Lancashire: Inadequate
- Direct Health (Stockton on Tees), Direct Health (UK) Limited, Stockton-on-Tees: Inadequate
- Rose Brae Nursing and Residential Home, Rose Brae Nursing Home Ltd, Wirral: Inadequate
For further information, please contact:
- Kirstin Hannaford, Regional Engagement Manager on 0191 233 3629.
- David Fryer, CQC Regional Communications Manager on 07901 514220.
- Mark Humphreys, CQC Regional Communications Officer on 0191 233 3519 or 07881656012.
Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team here. Please note: the press office is unable to advise members of the public on health or social care matters. For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.