You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 71 adult social care services in the Central region
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 71 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the Central region.
Following recent inspections, 45 of these care homes and homecare agencies have been rated as Good, 23 have been rated Requires Improvement and three were rated as Outstanding.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Sue Howard, Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care in the Central region, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. If that is what we find on inspection - we give the service a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"Where we find that services are not good enough, we will give a rating of Requires Improvement or Inadequate. If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that the required improvements have been made.
"Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action on behalf of the people who use the service."
Full reports on all 71 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Dulas Court, Ms K A Rogers, Herefordshire, County of: Outstanding
- Rainbows Hospice for Children and Young People, Cope Children's Trust, Leicestershire: Outstanding
- Mencap Portland and Oxborough Services, Royal Mencap Society, Nottingham: Outstanding
- 306-308 Packington Avenue, C L H Care Homes Limited, Birmingham: Good
- Boldmere Drive, Midland Heart Limited, Birmingham: Good
- Carewatch (North Birmingham), A Peel Limited, Birmingham: Good
- Lindale Residential Care Home, Genesis Homes (Essex) Limited, Birmingham: Good
- Elite Homecare Services, Christine Joan Goode, Cambridgeshire: Good
- Knoll House, Silver Tree Care Limited, Central Bedfordshire: Good
- Reablement - Urgent Homecare and Falls Response Service, Central Bedfordshire Council, Central Bedfordshire: Good
- 29 Manchester Road, Moore Care (Registered) Limited, Derbyshire: Good
- Ashford Lodge Nursing Home, A Carnachan, Derbyshire: Good
- Beechwood House, Mrs Ann Gibbins & Dr Edward De Saram, Derbyshire: Good
- Stanford House, Mr & Mrs S Blundell, Dudley: Good
- Home Instead Senior Care, AMZ Enterprises Ltd, Essex: Good
- Blossom House, P & P Community Services Ltd, Hertfordshire: Good
- Dunsland House, Dunsland House Limited, Hertfordshire: Good
- Goldsborough - Hatfield, Nestor Primecare Services Limited, Hertfordshire: Good
- Royal Mencap Society - Church Road, Royal Mencap Society, Hertfordshire: Good
- Cherre Residential Care, Cherre Residential Care Limited, Leicester: Good
- Cherre Villa, Miss Hema Malini Patel, Leicester: Good
- The Meadows, Mrs S and Mr Paul Spencer, Leicestershire: Good
- Keal View, Linkage Community Trust Limited(The), Lincolnshire: Good
- Livingstone Court, Linkage Community Trust Limited(The), Lincolnshire: Good
- Rowles House Limited, Rowles House Limited, Luton: Good
- Kevlin House, Hollycoombe Healthcare Ltd, Norfolk: Good
- Ur Choice Care Limited, Ur Choice Care Ltd, Norfolk: Good
- York House, Black Swan International Limited, Norfolk: Good
- Home Instead Senior Care - Milton Keynes, Milton Keynes Home Care Ltd, Northamptonshire: Good
- Peterborough Office, Select Support Partnerships Ltd, Peterborough: Good
- Sahara Community Care Services, Sahara Community Care Services Limited, Peterborough: Good
- ASRA - Smethwick, Smethwick Asra Limited, Sandwell: Good
- Abbey Care Direct Limited, Abbey Care Direct Ltd, Shropshire: Good
- Creative Support - Lodge Lane, Creative Support Limited, Shropshire: Good
- Lady Forester Centre, Lady Forester Hospital Trust, Shropshire: Good
- Meadowvale Residential Home, Meadowvale Residential Home, Shropshire: Good
- Norton Place, Estuary Housing Association Limited, Southend-on-Sea: Good
- Palmerston House Care Home, E&F Enterprises Ltd, Southend-on-Sea: Good
- Alma Court Care Centre, Avery Homes (Cannock) Limited, Staffordshire: Good
- Grove Court, National Schizophrenia Fellowship, Staffordshire: Good
- Cedrus House, Care UK Community Partnerships Ltd, Suffolk: Good
- Bennett House, Accord Housing Association Limited, Telford and Wrekin: Good
- Faycroft, CareTech Community Services Limited, Telford and Wrekin: Good
- The Villa, Lotus Care Management Services Limited, Telford and Wrekin: Good
- Ash Grange Nursing Home, HC-One Limited, Walsall: Good
- ExtraCare Charitable Trust James Beattie House, The ExtraCare Charitable Trust, Wolverhampton: Good
- Hilton House, Arcare (West Midlands) Limited, Wolverhampton: Good
- Moreland Trust, Moreland Trust Health & Social Care, Wolverhampton: Good
- Albion Court Care Centre, Avery Homes RH Limited, Birmingham: Requires improvement
- Gentle Hearts Care Limited, Gentle Hearts Care Ltd, Birmingham: Requires improvement
- Home Care Services, Yardley Great Trust, Birmingham: Requires improvement
- Ashton Lodge, Resicare Homes Limited, Central Bedfordshire: Requires improvement
- Holistic Social & Care Solution, Holistic Social & Care Solution Ltd, Coventry: Requires improvement
- Maple Leaf House, St. Matthews Limited, Coventry: Requires improvement
- Victoria Park (Coventry), HC-One Limited, Coventry: Requires improvement
- The Birches, Mrs M Ghouze, Derby: Requires improvement
- Elm Lodge Care Home, Reason Care Limited, Derbyshire: Requires improvement
- Highfield Residential Home, Highfield Residential Homes Limited, Dudley: Requires improvement
- Anisha Grange, Hallmark Care Homes (Billericay) Limited, Essex: Requires improvement
- The Mellows, The Mellows Limited, Essex: Requires improvement
- Ashwood - Ware, Runwood Homes Limited, Hertfordshire: Requires improvement
- Comfort Call Hatfield, Comfort Call Limited, Hertfordshire: Requires improvement
- Marwood Residential Home, Shankar Leicester Limited, Leicestershire: Requires improvement
- ACS Care Services Ltd, A C S Care Services Ltd, Northamptonshire: Requires improvement
- Christchurch Court - 4 Christchurch Road, Christchurch Court Limited, Northamptonshire: Requires improvement
- First Class Care, First Class Care Limited, Nottingham: Requires improvement
- Eden Lodge Residential Care Home, Sai Om Limited, Nottinghamshire: Requires improvement
- Cloverfields, Cloverfields Care Limited, Shropshire: Requires improvement
- St Georges Care Home, Weldglobe Limited, Suffolk: Requires improvement
- CM Community Care Services Limited - 30 Waterloo Road, C M Community Care Services Limited, Wolverhampton: Requires improvement
- The Boynes Care Centre, St. Cloud Care Limited, Worcestershire: Requires improvement
For further information, please contact Louise Grifferty, Regional Engagement Manager on 07717 422917. Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team here. Please note: the press office is unable to advise members of the public on health or social care matters. For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April 2015, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.
On 17 February 2016 we launched our care home ratings map, which gives a picture of how we've rated care homes across England: http://www.cqc.org.uk/content/map-care-home-ratings-england.