You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 69 adult social care services in the North of England
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 69 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the North that have been inspected under its new approach.
Following recent inspections, 47 have been rated as Good, 15 have been Requires Improvement and seven have been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Debbie Westhead, CQC's Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care in the North, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. If that is what we find on inspection - we give the service a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that they have made the required improvements.
"Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action on behalf of the people who use the service."
Full reports on all 69 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Autumn House Nursing Home, Mrs Singh and Dr Hossain, Barnsley: Good
- Community Places, Community Places Limited, Barnsley: Good
- Firs Residential Home, Azar Younis, Barnsley: Good
- Springfield House, Valeo Limited, Barnsley: Good
- Almond Villas, Almond Villas Limited, Blackburn with Darwen: Good
- I Care GB Limited, I Care (GB) Limited, Blackburn with Darwen: Good
- Select Support Partnerships Ltd - Blackburn, Select Support Partnerships Ltd, Blackburn with Darwen: Good
- Farthings Nursing Home, Westlive Limited, Blackpool: Good
- Home Support Reablement Service, Bolton Council, Bolton: Good
- Pollard House, Mr Chander Shekher Kainth & Mr Sohan Lal Kainth, Bradford: Good
- Ansar 2, Ansar Projects Limited, Bury: Good
- Harvelin Park, Mrs Mavis Turner, Calderdale: Good
- St Anne's Community Services - Cloughside, St Anne's Community Services, Calderdale: Good
- Brantwood Residential Care Home, Robert Shaw, Cheshire East: Good
- Lawreth, Education and Services for People with Autism Limited, County Durham: Good
- Silver Howe, Hometrust Care Limited, Cumbria: Good
- St Bede's House, Saint John of God Hospitaller Services, Darlington: Good
- St Marys Care Centre, Private Medicare Limited, East Riding of Yorkshire: Good
- Meadowfield, Aspire Healthcare Limited, Gateshead: Good
- Parkside Lodge, Potensial Limited, Gateshead: Good
- Dannys Dream, Goodwin Development Trust, Kingston upon Hull, City of: Good
- Pennine Resource Centre, Kingston upon Hull City Council, Kingston upon Hull, City of: Good
- Pulse - Liverpool, Pulse Healthcare Limited, Knowsley: Good
- Conifers Nursing Home, Conifers Care Ltd, Lancashire: Good
- Keer Sands Residential Home, Mr & Mrs S Plevey, Lancashire: Good
- Right At Home (East Lancashire & Ribble Valley), Red Rose Homecare Ltd, Lancashire: Good
- Sherwood Court, Barchester Healthcare Homes Limited, Lancashire: Good
- Cardinal Court Extra Care Sheltered Housing, Leeds City Council, Leeds: Good
- Grove Court Nursing Home, Grove Court Nursing Home Limited, Leeds: Good
- Yorkshire Senior Care t/a Home Instead Senior Care, Yorkshire Senior Care Limited, Leeds: Good
- St Stephen's Court, Careline Lifestyles (UK) Ltd, Newcastle upon Tyne: Good
- Holly House Care Home, P B Residential Care Limited, North Lincolnshire: Good
- The Huntercombe Centre - Redbourne, Four Seasons (Granby One) Limited, North Lincolnshire: Good
- Abbey Lea Care Home, Holistic Care Provision Limited, North Yorkshire: Good
- Housing & Care 21 - Springhill Court, Housing & Care 21, North Yorkshire: Good
- Ripon and District Homecare, Ripon and District Home Care, North Yorkshire: Good
- Sutton Hall and Lodge, Orchard Care Homes.Com (2) Limited, North Yorkshire: Good
- The Granby, The Granby, North Yorkshire: Good
- Bluebird Care (Northumberland South), WA & S Associates Ltd, Northumberland: Good
- Cambron House, Sycamore Care Limited, Rotherham: Good
- Edgecumbe House, Voyage 1 Limited, Rotherham: Good
- Strafford House, Voyage 1 Limited, Rotherham: Good
- Care Connect UK, Care Connect UK Limited, Sefton: Good
- Craignair E M I Residential Care Home, Mr & Mrs S Neale, Sefton: Good
- Outreach Services, Autism Initiatives (UK), Sefton: Good
- Wood Hill Grange Care Home, Horizon Care Homes Limited, Sheffield: Good
- St.Helens Supported Living Service, Leonard Cheshire Disability, St. Helens: Good
- Valley Park Care Home, Mimosa Healthcare (No 4) Limited (In administration), Barnsley: Requires improvement
- Platinum Care, Platinum Plus Care Limited, Bury: Requires improvement
- Southlea Residential Care Home, Southlea Limited, Bury: Requires improvement
- Croftside, Cumbria Care, Cumbria: Requires improvement
- Deerplay Care Home, D Clough, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Charlton Court Nursing Home, ADL Plc, Leeds: Requires improvement
- Evergreen Court, Hornby Healthcare Limited, Middlesbrough: Requires improvement
- Grafton House Residential Home, Saima Raja, North Lincolnshire: Requires improvement
- Meadowview Care Home, East And West Healthcare Limited, Rochdale: Requires improvement
- Safehands Care Limited Swinton, Safehands Care Limited, Salford: Requires improvement
- Byron Court Care Home, Byron Court Care Home Limited, Sefton: Requires improvement
- Leyland Rest Home, Prime Care (GB) Limited, Sefton: Requires improvement
- Birch Court Nursing and Residential Home, Bupa Care Homes (CFHCare) Limited, Warrington: Requires improvement
- Holcroft Grange Residential Care Home, CLS Care Services Limited, Warrington: Requires improvement
- Derwent House Residential Home, Sure Healthcare Limited, York: Requires improvement
- Highdell Nursing Home, R Pelkowski & N Rowe & A Bottomley & S Pelkowski, Bradford: Inadequate
- Bankfield Manor Care Home, Mrs Safia Bano Hussain, Calderdale: Inadequate
- Alston View Nursing and Residential Home, MPS (Investments) Limited, Lancashire: Inadequate
- Donisthorpe Hall, Donisthorpe Hall, Leeds: Inadequate
- Bentley Care Home, Argyle Care Group Limited, Liverpool: Inadequate
- Woodlands Nursing Home, Hexon Limited, North Yorkshire: Inadequate
- Albany Care Home, Cotswold Spa Retirement Hotels Limited, Sunderland: Inadequate
For further information, please contact:
- Kirstin Hannaford, Regional Engagement Manager on 0191 233 3629
- David Fryer, CQC Regional Communications Manager on 07901 514220.
- Mark Humphreys, CQC Regional Communications Officer on 0191 233 3519 or 07881656012.
Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team here. Please note: the press office is unable to advise members of the public on health or social care matters. For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.