You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 67 adult social care services in the South
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 67 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the South of England.
Following recent inspections, 36 of these care homes and agencies supporting people in their own homes have been rated as Good, 24 have been rated Requires Improvement, six have been rated Inadequate while one service was rated Outstanding.
Under CQC's programme of inspections, all of England's adult social care services regulated by CQC, are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Deborah Ivanova, CQC's Interim Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. We assess services against five key questions – Is the service caring? Is the service effective? Is the service safe? Is the service well led? Is the service responsive? – and rate each question and the service overall. Where we find a service meets our characteristics of good or outstanding then we will rate accordingly.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that they have made the required improvements.
"Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action on behalf of the people who use the service. Providers of those services should take the publication of the inadequate rating as a signal that immediate action is required to improve the service."
Full reports on all 67 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Harrias House Residential Care Home, Buckinghamshire: Good
- Chilton House, Buckinghamshire: Requires improvement
- Bos Y'n Dre, Cornwall: Good
- Garsewednack Residential Home, Cornwall: Good
- Heart of the South Cornwall Branch, Cornwall: Good
- Malvern House, Cornwall: Good
- Units 2 & 3 Chenoweth Business Park, Cornwall: Good
- Ark Nursing & Care Agency, Devon: Good
- Axe Valley Home Care Limited, Devon: Good
- Hay House Nursing Home, Devon: Good
- Sidmouth Nursing Home, Devon: Good
- Badbury Care Home, Dorset: Requires improvement
- Edward House, Gloucestershire: Good
- Hunters Care Centre, Gloucestershire: Good
- Stroud Court Community Trust, Gloucestershire: Good
- Hatherley Grange Nursing Home, Gloucestershire: Requires improvement
- The Granleys, Gloucestershire: Requires improvement
- The Hawthorns Residential Care Home, Gloucestershire: Requires improvement
- The Dome Residential Home, Hampshire: Good
- Carewatch (Hampshire South), Hampshire: Inadequate
- Freegrove Care Home, Hampshire: Inadequate
- Gorseway Care Community, Hampshire: Requires improvement
- Home Park Nursing Home, Hampshire: Requires improvement
- Ridgemede Care, Hampshire: Requires improvement
- Stonehaven Residential Home, Isle of Wight: Inadequate
- Solent Grange Nursing Home, Isle of Wight: Requires improvement
- Aiding Independence, Kent: Good
- Charing Court Residential Home, Kent: Good
- Flat 1, Kent: Good
- Fountains Lodge Nursing and Residential Home, Kent: Good
- Holly Cottage, Kent: Good
- Welcome House – Ruby Lodge, Kent: Good
- Care at Home Services (South East) Ltd – Herne Bay, Kent: Requires improvement
- Gresham Residential Care Home, Kent: Requires improvement
- High View Oast Nursing Home, Kent: Requires improvement
- Milestone House, Kent: Requires improvement
- Mont Calm Margate, Kent: Requires improvement
- Richardson Court, Kent: Requires improvement
- The Willows, Kent: Requires improvement
- Forge House Care, Medway: Good
- Copper Beeches, Medway: Requires improvement
- Annabel House Care Centre, North Somerset: Requires improvement
- Leafield Residential Care Home, Oxfordshire: Requires improvement
- Torr Home, Plymouth: Good
- Waterloo House, Plymouth: Good
- Admiral Care Limited, Portsmouth: Inadequate
- Oxford House Nursing Home, Slough: Good
- Reach, Slough: Good
- Abbeyfield (Somerset) Society, Somerset: Good
- Church View, Somerset: Good
- G H Quality Care Limited – 63 Taunton Road, Somerset: Good
- Wellington Road, Somerset: Good
- Wisteria Cottage, Somerset: Good
- Oaktree Care Home, South Gloucestershire: Requires improvement
- Bracken Lodge, Surrey: Good
- Roseleigh, Surrey: Good
- Linwood, Surrey: Inadequate
- The Walled Garden, West Berkshire: Good
- Appletree House Residential Care Home, West Sussex: Good
- Huntley, West Sussex: Good
- Elreg House, West Sussex: Inadequate
- Maplehurst Nursing Home, West Sussex: Outstanding
- Lavender Lodge, West Sussex: Requires improvement
- The Apuldram Centre, West Sussex: Requires improvement
- 1 Stratton Road, Wiltshire: Good
- Innovations Wiltshire Limited – 27 Stratton Road, Wiltshire: Requires improvement
- The Wingfield, Wiltshire: Requires improvement
For further information, please contact John Scott, Regional Engagement Manager on 077898 75809. Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team here.
Please note: the press office is unable to advise members of the public on health or social care matters. For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.