You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 66 adult social care services in the North of England
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 66 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the North that have been inspected under its new approach.
Following recent inspections, 35 have been rated as Good, 28 have been Requires Improvement and three have been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC's new programme of inspections, all of England's adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Debbie Westhead, CQC's Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care in the North, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. If that is what we find on inspection – we give the service a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that they have made the required improvements.
"Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action on behalf of the people who use the service."
Full reports on all 66 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Franciscan Convent Blackburn, Blackburn with Darwen: Good
- Linden House Care Home, Blackburn with Darwen: Good
- Blackpool North, Cleveleys and Fleetwood Home Instead, Blackpool: Good
- Beechville, Bolton: Good
- Glenbank Care Home, Bolton: Good
- Well Springs Nursing Home, Bradford: Good
- Oakleigh Care Home, Bradford: Requires improvement
- The Flowers Care Home Limited, Bradford: Requires improvement
- Asquith Hall EMI Nursing Home, Calderdale: Good
- Hazelbrook Specialist Care At Home, County Durham: Good
- Mowbray House, County Durham: Good
- NEAS, Short Term Residential Breaks, County Durham: Good
- Prince Bishop Court, County Durham: Good
- Mencap Community Support, Doncaster: Good
- Trafalgar Street, Doncaster: Good
- Grasmere Lodge, Gateshead: Requires improvement
- Delbrook House, Kingston upon Hull, City of: Good
- Burgundy Care Services Ltd, Kirklees: Good
- Valley View Residential Care Home, Kirklees: Good
- Willow House Residential Home, Kirklees: Good
- White Rose House, Kirklees: Requires improvement
- Favordale Home for Older People, Lancashire: Good
- Holywell Care Services, Lancashire: Good
- Right Care (Lancashire) Limited, Lancashire: Good
- Dovehaven House, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Rose Lodge Care Home, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Anchor Trust (The Laureates), Leeds: Good
- EcoClean Community Care, Leeds: Good
- Grace Homecare, Leeds: Good
- Helping Hand Care Services Limited, Leeds: Good
- Rossefield Manor, Leeds: Good
- St Anne's Community Services – Benedicts, Leeds: Good
- Ashcroft House – Leeds, Leeds: Inadequate
- Acre Green Nursing Home, Leeds: Requires improvement
- Spring Gardens, Leeds: Requires improvement
- St Anne's Community Services – Leeds DCA 2, Leeds: Requires improvement
- Abbey Lawns Care Home, Liverpool: Requires improvement
- Laurel Court (Didsbury), Manchester: Requires improvement
- Viewpark Care Home Limited, Manchester: Requires improvement
- Parkville Care Centre, Middlesbrough: Requires improvement
- Garden Lodge Care Home, Newcastle upon Tyne: Requires improvement
- Merit Homecare, Newcastle upon Tyne: Requires improvement
- The Willows, North Lincolnshire: Requires improvement
- Interserve Healthcare – Harrogate, North Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- The Grange, North Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- Custom House, Northumberland: Requires improvement
- Tynedale Care – Unit 1 Burnhaugh Estate, Northumberland: Requires improvement
- Rochdale and Oldham Crossroads Caring for carers, Rochdale: Good
- Honresfeld – Care Home with Nursing Physical Disabilities, Rochdale: Requires improvement
- Thames House, Rochdale: Requires improvement
- Beech Cliffe Grange, Rotherham: Good
- Rother Heights, Rotherham: Good
- Claremont Lodge, Salford: Good
- Rowan Tree Lodge, Sefton: Good
- Royal Mencap Society – 4 The Stables, Sefton: Requires improvement
- Newfield Nursing Home, Sheffield: Good
- Hawthorn Court, South Tyneside: Good
- Bamford Grange Care Home, Stockport: Requires improvement
- Royal Mencap Society – 71 Middleton Avenue, Stockton-on-Tees: Good
- Ashbourne Lodge, Stockton-on-Tees: Requires improvement
- Firbank House, Tameside: Requires improvement
- Carr Gate, Wakefield: Inadequate
- Six Acres Residential and Supported Accommodation Limited, Wigan: Requires improvement
- The Manor House Nursing Home, Wirral: Good
- Melrose, Wirral: Requires improvement
- Haisthorpe House, York: Inadequate
For further information, please contact Kirstin Hannaford, Regional Engagement Manager on 0191 233 3629.
David Fryer, CQC Regional Communications Manager on 07901 514220.
Mark Humphreys, CQC Regional Communications Officer on 0191 233 3519 or 07881656012.
Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team here.
Please note: the press office is unable to advise members of the public on health or social care matters. For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.