You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 66 adult social care services in the North of England
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 66 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the North that have been inspected under its new approach.
Following recent inspections one has been rated Outstanding, 33 have been rated as Good, 23 have been rated Requires Improvement and nine have been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Debbie Westhead, CQC's Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care in the North, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. If that is what we find on inspection - we give the service a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that they have made the required improvements.
“Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will take further action on behalf of the people who use the service."
Full reports on all 66 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Redesdale Court, Helen McArdle Care Limited, North Tyneside: Outstanding
- Moorfields Care Home, Moorfields Abby Limited, Bury: Good
- Heather Brae Supported Living Network, Cheshire East Council, Cheshire East: Good
- Knutsford Supported Living Network, Cheshire East Council, Cheshire East: Good
- Manor Care Home - Middlewich, Manor Care Home Limited, Cheshire East: Good
- Cambian Whinfell Shap Road, Cambian Whinfell School Limited, Cumbria: Good
- Autism Plus - Alexandra, Autism Plus Limited, Doncaster: Good
- Kare Plus Durham, Kare Plus Durham, Gateshead: Good
- 61 Track Road, St Anne's Community Services, Kirklees: Good
- Knowsley Manor Nursing Home, HC-One Limited, Knowsley: Good
- Assisi Place, Methodist Homes, Leeds: Good
- Besford House, Liverpool City Council, Liverpool: Good
- Redcourt Care Home, Argyle Care Group Limited, Liverpool: Good
- Stainton Lodge Care Centre, North East Care Homes Limited, Middlesbrough: Good
- Rocklyn, Aspire Healthcare Limited, North Tyneside: Good
- Heath Lodge, Harrogate Neighbours Housing Association Limited, North Yorkshire: Good
- Scarborough, Whitby & Ryedale Branch (Domiciliary Care Services) (North Yorkshire County Council), North Yorkshire County Council, North Yorkshire: Good
- The Abbey Residential Home, W And J A Bishop Limited, North Yorkshire: Good
- Careline Berwick, Care Line Homecare Limited, Northumberland: Good
- North East Care Management Limited, North East Care Management Limited, Northumberland: Good
- Sevacare - Rotherham, Sevacare (UK) Limited, Rotherham: Good
- Revitalise Ellerslie Court, Revitalise Respite Holidays, Sefton: Good
- Sefton Supported Living, The Frances Taylor Foundation, Sefton: Good
- Richmond Heights, Speciality Care (UK Lease Homes) Limited, Sheffield: Good
- Sheffield City Council - 136d Warminster Road Short Breaks, Sheffield City Council, Sheffield: Good
- Adlington House, Methodist Homes, Stockport: Good
- Falstone Court, HC-One Limited, Sunderland: Good
- Cymar House, Warmest Welcome Limited, Wakefield: Good
- Bespoke Supported Living Ltd, Bespoke Supported Living Ltd, Wigan: Good
- Brimstage Manor Nursing Care Home, Century Healthcare Limited, Wirral: Good
- Community Supported Living Limited, Community Supported Living Limited, Wirral: Good
- Mayflower Court Residential Home, Mayflower Care Homes Limited, Wirral: Good
- Raby Hall, The Wirral Autistic Society, Wirral: Good
- Royal Mencap Society - 7 Lingdale Road, Royal Mencap Society, Wirral: Good
- Hollycroft Care Home, Ringdane Limited, Bradford: Requires improvement
- Regency Court, ADA Care Limited, Bradford: Requires improvement
- Sunningdale EMI Care Home, Crabtree Care Homes, Bradford: Requires improvement
- Hazelmere House Care Home, Bupa Care Homes (GL) Limited, Cheshire East: Requires improvement
- The Hawthorns, Methodist Homes, Cheshire West and Chester: Requires improvement
- Leazes Hall Care Home, Leazes Hall Care Home Limited, County Durham: Requires improvement
- Rowan Court, Hollybank Trust, Kirklees: Requires improvement
- West Yorkshire, Team Personnel Solutions Limited, Leeds: Requires improvement
- Lindenwood Residential Care Home, Maureen Philomena Murphy & Ann Catherine Smith, Manchester: Requires improvement
- Yew Tree Manor Nursing and Residential Care Home, Zinnia Healthcare Limited, Manchester: Requires improvement
- Woodside Resource Centre, Care UK Community Partnerships Ltd, Middlesbrough: Requires improvement
- Melrose House, Melrose House Cullercoats Ltd, North Tyneside: Requires improvement
- Burn Brae Lodge, Bridge Care Residential Limited, Northumberland: Requires improvement
- Swinton Hall Nursing Home Limited, Swinton Hall Nursing Home Limited, Salford: Requires improvement
- The Broughtons, Wellbeing Residential Ltd, Salford: Requires improvement
- Housing & Care 21 - Sheffield, Housing & Care 21, Sheffield: Requires improvement
- Silverdale, Borough Care Ltd, Stockport: Requires improvement
- Allison House, Cleveland Alzheimer's Residential Centre Limited, Stockton-on-Tees: Requires improvement
- Allied Healthcare Greater Manchester, Nestor Primecare Services Limited, Trafford: Requires improvement
- Woodend Care Home, Bupa Care Homes (ANS) Limited, Trafford: Requires improvement
- Prospect House, Four Care Plus Limited, Wakefield: Requires improvement
- Hilbre Manor EMI Residential Care Home, Hilbre Care Limited, Wirral: Requires improvement
- Limetree House Upper Poppleton, Roseville Care Homes Limited, York: Requires improvement
- Eagle Care Home, Eagle Care Homes Limited, Calderdale: Inadequate
- Laurel Bank, CCA & Mrs C Bolland, Calderdale: Inadequate
- Owston View, Runwood Homes Limited, Doncaster: Inadequate
- Victoria Lodge Residential Care Home, Mrs Saima Raja, Doncaster: Inadequate
- Elderly Care Services, Elderly Care Service Limited, Leeds: Inadequate
- Excel Care (UK) Ltd, Excel Care (UK) Limited, Manchester: Inadequate
- Kings Cottage Residential Home, Kings Cottage Residential Home Limited, Northumberland: Inadequate
- Community Care Direct, Community Care Direct Limited, Sefton: Inadequate
- Millfields Residential Care Home, Mr & Mrs J Fieldhouse, Wakefield: Inadequate
For further information, please contact Kerri James, CQC Regional Engagement Communications Officer by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 07464 92 9966.
David Fryer, CQC Regional Engagement Manager by email email@example.com or by phone on 01900 336 787.
Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team here.
Please note: the press office is unable to advise members of the public on health or social care matters. For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.