You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 62 adult social care services in the Central region
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 62 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the Central region.
Following recent inspections, 37 of these care homes and homecare agencies have been rated as Good, 22 have been rated Requires Improvement and three have been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Sue Howard, Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care in the Central region, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. If that is what we find on inspection - we give the service a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"Where we find that services are not good enough, we will give a rating of Requires Improvement or Inadequate. If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that the required improvements have been made.
"Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action on behalf of the people who use the service."
Full reports on all 62 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Rivermead, Bedford: Good
- Westholme, Birmingham: Good
- Alex Wood House, Cambridgeshire: Good
- Brook House Care Centre, Cambridgeshire: Good
- Vera James House, Cambridgeshire: Good
- Abbey Park, Coventry: Good
- ExtraCare Charitable Trust Willowbrook, Coventry: Good
- Mediline Nurses and Carers Limited, Derbyshire: Good
- Care at Home UK Limited, Essex: Good
- Fern Lodge, Essex: Good
- Foxburrow Grange, Essex: Good
- Whiteheather, Essex: Good
- Villa Scalabrini, Hertfordshire: Good
- George Hythe House, Leicester: Good
- Dimensions East Anglia Domiciliary Care Office, Norfolk: Good
- The Talbots, Norfolk: Good
- Glenside Residential Care Home, Northamptonshire: Good
- Rosedale Residential Home, Northamptonshire: Good
- Symphony House Nursing Home, Northamptonshire: Good
- EBS Instant Care, Nottingham: Good
- Ashley Care Centre, Nottinghamshire: Good
- Cambian Beeches, Nottinghamshire: Good
- Swallows Meadow Court, Solihull: Good
- Norton Place, Southend-on-Sea: Good
- Sands Lodge, Southend-on-Sea: Good
- Cambridge House, Suffolk: Good
- Girling Street, Suffolk: Good
- St Faith's Villa, Suffolk: Good
- Tru Care Limited, Suffolk: Good
- William Wood House, Suffolk: Good
- Hermitage Way - Telford, Telford and Wrekin: Good
- Sadlers Place, Walsall: Good
- Richmond Lodge, Warwickshire: Good
- Waterloo House, Warwickshire: Good
- Areley House, Worcestershire: Good
- Lickey Hills, Worcestershire: Good
- R&L Healthcare Ltd, Worcestershire: Good
- Brook House Residential Home, Bedford: Requires improvement
- Care Quality Management Limited, Birmingham: Requires improvement
- Bircham House, Cambridgeshire: Requires improvement
- Craegmoor Supporting You in Cambridgeshire, Cambridgeshire: Requires improvement
- St Judes, Coventry: Requires improvement
- Highfield Residential Home, Dudley: Requires improvement
- Oaklands Care Home, Dudley: Requires improvement
- Stuart House, Hertfordshire: Requires improvement
- Holbeach and East Elloe Hospital Trust, Lincolnshire: Requires improvement
- Saxon House, Norfolk: Requires improvement
- Direct Health (Kettering), Northamptonshire: Requires improvement
- Ridgway House, Northamptonshire: Requires improvement
- Haywood Oaks Care Home, Nottinghamshire: Requires improvement
- In Out and About Community Support Office, Nottinghamshire: Requires improvement
- Innova House -CBIR, Nottinghamshire: Requires improvement
- Silverwood (Nottingham), Nottinghamshire: Requires improvement
- Kelvedon House, Sandwell: Requires improvement
- Bradeney House Nursing & Care Home, Shropshire: Requires improvement
- Royal Mencap Society - Lombardy Park, Suffolk: Requires improvement
- The Bungalow, Walsall: Requires improvement
- The Sycamores Nursing Home, Wolverhampton: Requires improvement
- Norton Hall, Worcestershire: Requires improvement
- The Old Village School Nursing Home, Central Bedfordshire: Inadequate
- Saint Josephs Specialist Care Home, Derbyshire: Inadequate
- Collinson Court, Stoke-on-Trent: Inadequate
For further information please contact Regional Engagement Manager, Helen Gildersleeve on 0191 2333379.
For media enquiries about the Care Quality Commission, please call the press office on 020 7448 9401 during office hours. Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team (please note: the duty press officer is unable to advise members of the public on health or social care matters). For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.