You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 57 adult social care services in the South
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 57 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the South of England.
Following recent inspections, 34 of these care homes and agencies supporting people in their own homes have been rated as Good, 18 have been rated Requires Improvement and five have been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC’s programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services regulated by CQC, are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Deborah Ivanova, CQC's Interim Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. We assess services against five key questions – Is the service caring? Is the service effective? Is the service safe? Is the service well led? Is the service responsive? – and rate each question and the service overall. Where we find a service meets our characteristics of good or outstanding then we will rate accordingly.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that they have made the required improvements.
"Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action on behalf of the people who use the service. Providers of those services should take the publication of the inadequate rating as a signal that immediate action is required to improve the service”
Full reports on all 57 inspections are available using the links below.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Zetland Court, Bournemouth: Good
- Underhay House, Bristol, City of: Good
- Penhellis Nursing Home, Cornwall: Good
- College House, Devon: Good
- Fernihurst Nursing Home, Devon: Good
- Ridgecourt Residential Care Home, Devon: Good
- East View Housing Management Limited - 19 Alexandra Road, East Sussex: Good
- East View Housing Management Limited - 25 Alexandra Road, East Sussex: Good
- East View Housing Management Limited - 27 Alexandra Road, East Sussex: Good
- Cotswolds Link Homecare, Gloucestershire: Good
- Broadview, Hampshire: Good
- Future Home Care Limited Birches, Kent: Good
- Green Gables Care Home, Kent: Good
- Radnor House, Kent: Good
- Insight Walderslade, Medway: Good
- Kismet House, North Somerset: Good
- Cherwood House Care Centre, Oxfordshire: Good
- OSJCT Orchard Meadows, Oxfordshire: Good
- Farm Lane House, Plymouth: Good
- St Vincent's, Plymouth: Good
- Woodland Villa Care Home, Plymouth: Good
- Community Reablement Team (CRT), Reading: Good
- Oak Trees, Somerset: Good
- Stepping Stones to Independence, South Gloucestershire: Good
- Willow Cottage Residential and Nursing Home, South Gloucestershire: Good
- Sportfit, Southampton: Good
- Community Access Network - 85 Drove Road, Swindon: Good
- Redwood House, West Berkshire: Good
- Glen Arun Care Home, West Sussex: Good
- Heathfield (Horsham) Limited, West Sussex: Good
- The Old Malt House Nursing Home, West Sussex: Good
- Wellcross Grange Care Home, West Sussex: Good
- Windsor Rest Home, West Sussex: Good
- People Matter Support Services Limited, Wokingham: Good
- Kingsmead Lodge, Bristol, City of: Requires improvement
- Cliveden Manor, Buckinghamshire: Requires improvement
- St Anne's Residential Home, Cornwall: Requires improvement
- Rosebery House, East Sussex: Requires improvement
- Mountwood, Hampshire: Requires improvement
- St Thomas, Hampshire: Requires improvement
- Ashgold House, Kent: Requires improvement
- Bowercroft Care Limited, Kent: Requires improvement
- Sholden Hall Residential Retreat, Kent: Requires improvement
- Earlfield Lodge, North Somerset: Requires improvement
- Abingdon Court Care Home, Oxfordshire: Requires improvement
- Meadowview Nursing Home, Oxfordshire: Requires improvement
- Match Options, Slough: Requires improvement
- Emberbrook Care Home, Surrey: Requires improvement
- RNIB Gladstone House, Surrey: Requires improvement
- Rosetta, Surrey: Requires improvement
- Guild Care Domiciliary Care, West Sussex: Requires improvement
- Homelands Nursing Home, West Sussex: Requires improvement
- Forde Park Care, Devon: Inadequate
- Stoneham House, Hampshire: Inadequate
- Newlands Residential Home, Kent: Inadequate
- Deepdene Care Centre, Surrey: Inadequate
- Hunters Moon, Wiltshire: Inadequate
For further information please contact CQC Regional Engagement Manager John Scott on 07789 875809 or, for media enquiries, call the press office on 020 7448 9401 during office hours.
Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team (please note: the duty press officer is unable to advise members of the public on health or social care matters). For general enquiries, please call 03000 616161.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.