You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 54 adult social care services in the North of England
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 54 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the North that have been inspected under its new approach.
Following recent inspections, 26 have been rated as Good, 24 have been Requires Improvement and four have been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Debbie Westhead, CQC's Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care in the North, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. If that is what we find on inspection - we give the service a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that they have made the required improvements.
"Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action on behalf of the people who use the service."
Full reports on all 54 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Acorn Lodge Residential Care Home, Pro Care Homes Limited, Blackpool: Good
- Hollands Nursing Home, The Hollands Care Homes Limited, Bolton: Good
- Scope Inclusion Calderdale, Scope, Calderdale: Good
- The Chapel House Nursing Home, Mrs Imelda Moore, Cheshire West and Chester: Good
- Howlish Hall Nursing and Residential Home, Williams & Spenceley Limited, County Durham: Good
- Redworth, Shaftesbury Care GRP Limited, County Durham: Good
- Valerie Hall Domiciliary Care - 7 Oak Street, Mrs Valerie Hall, County Durham: Good
- A chance for life Ltd, A Chance for Life Limited, Cumbria: Good
- Mears Care - Workington, Mears Care Limited, Cumbria: Good
- Walsingham Support - Wedgwood Road, Walsingham Support Limited, Cumbria: Good
- Flower Park Care Home, Four Seasons Health Care (England) Limited, Doncaster: Good
- Wyndthorpe Hall and Court Care Home, Four Seasons Homes No. 6 Limited, Doncaster: Good
- Sandhall Park, Sandhall Park (Goole) Limited, East Riding of Yorkshire: Good
- Stuart House Residential Home, Brookfield Care, East Riding of Yorkshire: Good
- Avocet Trust - 281-287 St George's Road, Avocet Trust, Kingston upon Hull, City of: Good
- Compass Care - South Park, Compass Care Homes Limited, Kirklees: Good
- Crossroads Care Ribble Valley, Ribble Valley Crossroads Care Attendant Scheme Limited, Lancashire: Good
- North Road Care Homes, Blackstone Care Limited, Newcastle upon Tyne: Good
- Park View Care Home, St. Martin's Care Limited, North Tyneside: Good
- Elderflower Homecare, Saynorcare Ltd, North Yorkshire: Good
- Oakland Nursing Home, Mondial Care Ltd, North Yorkshire: Good
- Caremark (Oldham), D.& G. Care Limited, Oldham: Good
- HF Trust - Sheffield & Derbyshire DCA, HF Trust Limited, Sheffield: Good
- Connaught Court, The Royal Masonic Benevolent Institution, York: Good
- Flaxman Avenue, Lifeways Community Care Limited, York: Good
- Recovery House, Gravers Care Home Ltd, York: Good
- Pro-Care Dispersed Housing Ltd - Chesterfield Lodge, Pro-Care Disperse Housing Ltd, Blackpool: Requires improvement
- Sherrington House Nursing Home, Lister House Limited, Bradford: Requires improvement
- Gorsey Clough Nursing Home, Gorsey Clough Nursing Home Limited, Bury: Requires improvement
- Hazelmere House Nursing Home, Bupa Care Homes (GL) Limited, Cheshire East: Requires improvement
- Pennine Lodge, Tamaris Healthcare (England) Limited, Cumbria: Requires improvement
- Birch Green Care Home, Springhill Care Group Limited, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Church View Residential Home, People in Care Ltd, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Lindsay House, Akari Care Limited, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Berkeley Court, Ideal Carehomes (Leeds) Limited, Leeds: Requires improvement
- Bishop's Court, European Wellcare Homes Limited, Liverpool: Requires improvement
- Eagle House Care Home, Mr Nish Thakerar & Mr Kumar Thakerar, North Lincolnshire: Requires improvement
- Care Services Thirsk Limited, Care Services Thirsk Limited, North Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- Cornerways Residential Home, Amocura Ltd, North Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- Dulverton House, Dr Khalid Hussian Javed and Dr Mussarat Javed, North Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- Dunollie Nursing Home, Embrace (South West) Limited, North Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- Hudson Street, Milewood Healthcare Ltd, North Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- The Bay Tree Residential Home for the Elderly, Mr & Mrs T E Dobson, North Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- Wentworth Grange, Underwood Hall Limited, Northumberland: Requires improvement
- Heathcotes (Middleton), Heathcotes Care Limited, Rochdale: Requires improvement
- Broomhaven Residential Care, John Tipple, Rotherham: Requires improvement
- Holly House Residential Home, Mrs P A Burgin, Rotherham: Requires improvement
- Comfort Call Sheffield, Comfort Call Limited, Sheffield: Requires improvement
- Hazeldene EMI Nursing Home, S & S Healthcare Limited, Sheffield: Requires improvement
- L S Care Limited, L S Care Limited, South Tyneside: Requires improvement
- Highnam Hall, Matt Matharu, Hartlepool: Inadequate
- Pennyghael Residential Home, Mr Steven William Saltmer & Mrs Penelope Alison Saltmer, North Yorkshire: Inadequate
- Rosemount Care Home, Rosemount Care Home Ltd, Stockport: Inadequate
- Thorncliffe House, Thorncliffe Care Limited, Sunderland: Inadequate
For further information, please contact
- Kirstin Hannaford, Regional Engagement Manager on 0191 233 3629
- David Fryer, CQC Regional Communications Manager on 07901 514220
- Mark Humphreys, CQC Regional Communications Officer on 0191 233 3519 or 07881656012.
Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team here. Please note: the press office is unable to advise members of the public on health or social care matters. For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.