You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 51 adult social care services in the South
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 51 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the South of England.
Following recent inspections, 25 of these care homes and agencies supporting people in their own homes have been rated as Good, 20 have been rated Requires Improvement and six have been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC’s programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services regulated by CQC, are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Adrian Hughes, CQC's Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. We assess services against five key questions – Is the service caring? Is the service effective? Is the service safe? Is the service well led? Is the service responsive? – and rate each question and the service overall. Where we find a service meets our characteristics of good or outstanding then we will rate accordingly.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that they have made the required improvements.
"Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action on behalf of the people who use the service. Providers of those services should take the publication of the inadequate rating as a signal that immediate action is required to improve the service”
Full reports on all 51 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Carers Break Community Interest Company, Cornwall: Good
- Windmill Court, Cornwall: Good
- Penns Mount Residential Care Home, Devon: Good
- Candlelight Homecare Service Limited (East Sussex), East Sussex: Good
- Grange House, East Sussex: Good
- The Moorings, East Sussex: Good
- The Regard Partnership Limited - Eastbourne Road, East Sussex: Good
- Riverside House, Gloucestershire: Good
- Shy Lowen Care Limited, Gloucestershire: Good
- Stroud House, Hampshire: Good
- Blair Park Residential Care Home, Kent: Good
- Marjon Home Support Agency, Kent: Good
- St Peters Home, Kent: Good
- Miller Farm, North Somerset: Good
- Dewi-Sant Residential Home, Plymouth: Good
- Drake Nursing Home, Plymouth: Good
- Vicarage Residential Home, Plymouth: Good
- Golden Rose Community Care Limited, Slough: Good
- Burnworthy House, Somerset: Good
- Gordon Villa, Somerset: Good
- Gracefields Nursing Home, South Gloucestershire: Good
- Mrs P M Eales t/a Just Homes - 19 Douglas Close, Surrey: Good
- Burrow Down Residential Home, Torbay: Good
- Claremont Lodge Care Home, West Sussex: Good
- Candlelight Homecare Trowbridge Area Office, Wiltshire: Good
- Templeman House, Bournemouth: Requires improvement
- MiHomecare - Woodingdean, Brighton and Hove: Requires improvement
- 8 Graeme Close, Bristol, City of: Requires improvement
- Penberthy, Cornwall: Requires improvement
- Tamar House Nursing Home, Cornwall: Requires improvement
- Cheverells Care Home, Devon: Requires improvement
- Hart Care Nursing & Residential Home, Devon: Requires improvement
- Eastbourne Grange, East Sussex: Requires improvement
- The Retreat, Gloucestershire: Requires improvement
- Windermere Road Nursing Home, Gloucestershire: Requires improvement
- The Firs, Hampshire: Requires improvement
- Ashford Nursing Home, Kent: Requires improvement
- Mrs Sharyn Deidre Buss - 26 Seabrook Road, Kent: Requires improvement
- One 2 One Private Care Services, Kent: Requires improvement
- Chalkmead Resource Centre, Surrey: Requires improvement
- Primrose House Residential Home, Surrey: Requires improvement
- Warrengate Nursing Home, Surrey: Requires improvement
- Devonia EMI Home, West Sussex: Requires improvement
- Bassett House, Wiltshire: Requires improvement
- Aaron Abbey Care Services Limited, Wokingham: Requires improvement
- Coombe Lodge Care Home, Buckinghamshire: Inadequate
- Ashwood Nursing Home - Etchingham, East Sussex: Inadequate
- Solent Grange Nursing Home, Isle of Wight: Inadequate
- Community Angels Ltd, Portsmouth: Inadequate
- We Care Homecare Ltd, Portsmouth: Inadequate
- Sailaway Residential Care Home, West Sussex: Inadequate
For further information please contact CQC Regional Engagement Manager John Scott on 07789 875809 or, for media enquiries, call the press office on 020 7448 9401 during office hours. Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team here. (Please note: the duty press officer is unable to advise members of the public on health or social care matters). For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.